NO PAC12 Expansion

Again, tell me which other P5 conference wants its schools.

When you have no place better to go……then you tend to stay where you are.

Your logic is disturbingly flawed. Let’s see how much “No other conference wants it’s schools” worked for the AAC. The big12 parroted “ they don’t bring any value ” in 2016 and as recent as last year… Same stuff you are saying here.

Good thing Houston didn’t follow your logic or it would be conference mates with Rice starting 2023.

2 Likes

The big 12 wanted AAC schools and BYU, so of course that’s where they went.

But no other P5 conference wants Big 12 schools.

Name one that does. Hint: you won’t be able to.

I’ve stopped arguing with them

If they really think a conference that has LOST Colorado and Nebraska and Texas A&M and Missouri and Texas and Oklahoma…and backfilled them with
TCU (G5) + WVU (castaway) + Houston (G5) + UCF (G5) + Cincinnati (G5) + BYU ( G Indy)…

…will be the third best Power Conference because “nobody wants anyone left in our conference” …I have no words for them anymore.

Yes, UH received an invitation but after they PUBLICLY rejected us at least 3 times (1994, 2011 & 2016)

2 Likes

IT WASN’T THE BIG12 THAT WANTED AAC SCHOOLS…

It was a desperate Big 12 that had just lost their LAST 2 VALUE BRANDS in football that wanted AAC schools.

Notice i said LAST 2 because the rest had already been poached.

They ONLY wanted AAC schools to remain a conference and they had ZERO pull to poach even the weakest P5 program from another Power conference…ZERO.

They could have pulled 4 from the PAC or ACC…but they did NOT have that option…those schools would have laughed at their invitation.

2 Likes

Can we veer away from the PAC for one second to imagine what will happen to the ACC when Miami, Fla State, and Clemson go to the SEC and NC and Virginia go to the B10?

Do they just cobble together USF, UAB, and a handful of others? Do they join the Big East as bball schools? Do they tempt Cincy and WVU away from the B12?

1 Like

According the some here, that will make the ACC stronger because no other P5 would want the G5 schools they add.

YES…the Big12 is a step up…but playing in a football conference with the likes of WVU, Kansas State, Iowa State, TCU is only more exciting than the AAC schools because they have more P5 resources/exposure. Nobody is confusing the Big 12 with the big value brands in the SEC.

1 Like

I don’t think he’s arguing strength. I think he’s arguing stability.

It would make both stable if Cincy and WVU stayed home. But it would make the B12 infinitely stronger than the ACC. The ACC would slide to an American-level league.

No one disputes that.

Now, tell me which other P5 conference wants teams in the Big 12.

Again, you won’t be able to.

My guess is the ACC pry’s away West Virginia and Cincy from the big12. There is enough legacy P5 bones in Virginia Tech, Louisville and Pitt to build on . The vaunted east coast bias ensures they stay ahead of the big12 in conference ranking pecking order.

The ACC likely won’t be a Power conference once the SEC takes Clemson and Florida State.

Except for the fact that a) the ACC has never wanted those teams, AND b) without Clemson and Florida State, the ACC won’t exactly be an attractive conference to anyone else in the P5, including Cincy and WVU.

1 Like

As for the ACC staying ahead, they aren’t ahead of the Big 12 with Clemson and Florida State, so they sure as Hell won’t be without them.

1 Like

I worry about them going after Cincy and WVU preemptively. The same goes for UCF. Not because they want them but to weaken the B12 and offset the inevitably bad PR of losing two schools.

Now, a massive GOR makes it a moot point.

WV is a charter Big East member and Cincy was with 3 of the ACC teams after the 2004 defections. Not to mention both are geographically near a bunch of ACC teams versus no where close to any of the old XII ones.

Even without Free Shoes U and Clemson, they’d have Miami, Georgia Tech, Va Tech who’re all formidable teams at one point since 1990. UNCheat can also play really good football as evidenced by Mack’s 1st tenure.

Now If the Big10 raids a couple teams themselves, then maybe the new XII can pick up the remaining big names instead, keeping UH in the fold.

What is the GOR for the new B12.

…and why do you think the Big 12 will remain a Power Conference?

The Big 12 now has zero football brands that warrant interest or viewership from fans outside of the Big 12.

How is that different than your ACC prediction?

Answer: two things.

1. Caliber of competition. Half of the future Big 12 is likely to be in the pre-season Top 25. Also, #1 in basketball.

AND

1. Statutory autonomy status in the NCAA bylaws.

Any questions?

As for the ACC, if it survives the raid that definitely the SEC and probably the B1G will make, has been programs like VaTech won’t be enough to keep them strong.

GaTech is a target for a B1G raid as well.

I don’t get why UHlaw keeps harping on about other P5 conferences not wanting UH or the remaining Big12 schools.

We get it.

The comments are no longer informative or even a discussion. It’s a fervent, near passionate obsession with coming on coogfans and telling posters the same thing while reminding us his other degrees are from Big10 schools.

It’s becoming a little weird.

5 Likes

What I find a little weird is all the discussion and topics about UH going to a different conference when we haven’t even played a game in the one we just joined. Just search the board on PAC12 and you will see what I mean. What is the facination?
Why even discuss it? What is the point? There are two sides arguing relentlessly about some meaningless topic. We are in the BIG 12 next year, that is the fact. The rest of this speculation is pure garbage.

4 Likes