No Shot

Those of us who know the game already know this. But I continue hearing people who think UH will get a regional bid no matter what happens in the AAC tournament because they are 15-5 in conference play, on a hot streak, etc. Just not the case. D1 Baseball was asked twice by two different people and two different D1 baseball writers gave the same answer – no chance outside of winning the conference tourney. I love the enthusiasm from people, but open your eyes.

8 Likes

Yep

2 Likes

For the life of me, I don’t understand why the OOC schedule has been so bad the last two years. The powers that be had to know this would be the case.

1 Like

I was thinking 40 wins would be enough but wasn’t aware how bad the RPI is. What gives?

An RPI rank of 40 is what you have to shoot for. Most teams 40 or better get at-large bids if they don’t get their conference auto-bid, but every year there are about 3-4 exceptions. There might be more this year because the SEC & ACC are so strong, I can see a couple of deserving teams from each of those conferences being passed over.
I didn’t dig too deep, but the worst RPI rank I found that got an at-large bid in recent years was 66. Getting in with an RPI rank of 50 or lower is relatively rare.
As many of us noted when the schedule was released, an at-large bid was highly unlikely…again.

1 Like

Well…then let’s hope that we sweep Cincy and the tourney!!!

2 Likes

We talked about this last year and then they did it again….it makes zero sense.

Most of us knew the day the schedule came out the only shot was winning conference tournament….even the players knew they had no shot.

It’s a complete joke and has been. Pez signed off on this crap schedule.

I would rather the team finished under .500 but at least had the opportunity to fight for an at-large.

We had some fool on here a couple of weeks back saying that all wins were the same and the team would make it without winning tournament……probably one of the guys asking the question to BA.

1 Like

Correct if I’m wrong but I think last year there were at least 15-20 teams that did not make the tournament that had a better resume than UH….so we did not even sniff the bubble….even farther off this year.

And it’s not like we had a great record against our crap OOC!
At the same time I am shocked at how bad the AAC is.
We went to war without a D1 pitching staff so I will add here that I am proud of the fight these kids have shown.
Get off your rear and recruit a few nice pitchers and we could have made noise this year.

3 Likes

Our NCAA RPI last season at selection time was 79. As you said, " we did not even sniff the bubble….even farther off this year."
The top-40 teams that were passed over last year were #33 NC State, #34 Clemson, #35 Wofford, & #37 UTSA. #40 Old Dominion was also left out, but they weren’t passed over.
The sub-40 teams that got at-large bids were #41 Arkansas, #45 TX Tech, #48 UCLA, & #50 GCU.
That’s typical of any year.

2 Likes

I’m out!!

1 Like

3 Likes

Why the gif. What is the problem?

Ohh major shock. Funk liked your post.
Pllss. Come on funk, slide over to Politics and put couple likes to Pollard posts…
I dare you!! :grin::smile:

I liked his gif too. It’s hilarious. Look at it. :joy:

Good for you.

I just troll the poli boards. Pollard already knows that. I liked the gif because I thought it was funny as Hell. I wasn’t even paying attention to who he was responding to.

You gotta admit its funny as Hell

1 Like

Jesse it was just because you were talking about SAM again….no I’ll will bud, pinky swear.

Liar +

No, i dont anything funny in it. I guess I’m slow. Y’all have at it. I have lot going on today. It was quick post. But hey im out for good part of rest of day

Yall have at it, at my expense. Ridiculous.

Out!!

Why are you internet retiring over a funny kid gif?

Honest to God. You need to calm down. I don’t wanna send xDC to your residence for an intervention but I will.

3 Likes