No to Deion Sanders

Dana isn’t leaving unless we tank the rest of the season, his coordinators should be toast. And hell no to Sanders.

My high school played Prime Prep the season before it shut down.

They blew us out 53-0 and we were in a rebuild year (won state next year, with Barrick Nealy on the coaching staff).

Prime would be excellent in Houston, but it has to be done right.

3 Likes

Thats high school. Being a college coach is a different animal.

Lol. Okay.

He wasn’t making connections with high school coaches in Texas while coaching high school football in checks notes Texas?

4 Likes

Yes…and he moved on to become a college coach and is finding success there also- both in coaching and recruiting.

Not easy to be above average in both.

2 Likes

If you think that Deion Sanders cant walk into ANY high school in Texas and establish relationships with ANY coach then you are really smokin that sherm. Your hate is meritless. The man is doing more at an HBCU than Dana is doing with a program that’ll be a P5 in less than a year. Prime coaching at UH would out recruit every school in the Big 12 and be top 5/10 in the nation year in and year out. If you were a real football fan you’d understand

12 Likes

Coach Prime has won state championships in TAPPS as an OC.

He has a great record at JSU, currently 16-5. Jackson State brings 50k to their games, EASILY leads FCS in attendance, outdraws Yale, Harvard, Montana and North Dakota State.

He has several 4 and 5 star recruits and has played football and baseball on EVERY level. He has shown that he knows the players’ perspective and now the coach perspective extremely well.

He sold Jackson State to the masses, he’s called out Jackson State when they were wrong and they got better for it.

6 Likes

I played Defensive End and Linebacker for years and I always wanted to look good no matter how much it got in the way of performance.

THIS is why young men want to play for Coach Prime. I was a real knucklehead when I was younger but if he told me to cut the backflap, I would have cut it off.

Let me know when UH gets Jacksom State’s crowds because I would love to have that.

5 Likes

Why are we calling Deion a circus?? Doesn’t make sense to me

6 Likes

Racist dogwhistling.

Herman was called a showsman at worst and passionate at best for doing the same thing. Yet with Prime Time, a man who has proven himself at every level is called a circus.

9 Likes

I don’t think its racism.

4 Likes

Why else wouldn’t people see that this man
Worked his way up the coaching ranks the hard way and took a achool, with limited resources, and turned them into a school.everyone knows.

He’s succeded in producing wins, recruiting, creating excitement and by all accounts, is teaching his players to be better men first.

7 Likes

We are a baseball school…… we had a winning record.

2 Likes

No argument. My main concern is he would be here 2, maybe 3 years at best. No continuity for the football team, but man, what a ride we’d be on!

It is a miracle that we have had as good of an athletic program over the years as we have, considering our lack of finances and fan support. There are P5 programs out there that would kill to have the athletic successes we have had, and we did it with pennies and nickels.

5 Likes

Dana just paid a million dollars toward the Football Operations Building. He gets a pass from me on Kansas and Tech losses. We need stability to build the program. Dana knows what the weaknesses are. What we really need is an NIL. Collective that land us a top ten recruiting class. Everyone around here seems to be impressed if we sniff the top 40, then get upset when we lose to a school who regularly has higher rated classes.

4 Likes

Keep fighting against the thing that works for us and brings us to new heights.

You take the momentum created by the departed coach + the buyout millions and you repeat.

Much better than dealing with lifers like Levine, Applewhite & Holgorsen who KILL all momentum.

Unfortunately, Tilman believes in your way and writes contracts for the latter.

1 Like

That’s crazy…. Because he gave money to the program he gets a pass for two losses that he even admits they were out coached….

Giving that million back has zero to do with job performance.

If a teacher joins the PTA and then spends money on decorating their room and buying supplies for the kids….does that mean they can suck at teaching?

4 Likes

I dont think it’s crazy that I see him supporting the program and working at getting us to a place where we want to be. The loses comment may be a bit much but I don’t think it should be discounted that he is contributing more than most of the folks on this board financially.

1 Like