iowa 83-83 Going to OT

2 Likes

#4 Iowa goes down

2 Likes

Minnesota is abo ur to beat Iowa!!

1 Like

Johnson 8 for 9 from 3, off the bench!

1 Like

Minnesota won by 7! Time for us to win and become top 5!

4 Likes

Northwestern got 7 votes in the AP poll last week. Iā€™m gonna say they get around 200 this week. #23. Replace Ohio St in the rankings.

I am watching the Illinois Indiana game. Man there are a lot of huge centers in the Big 10.

1 Like

gonzaga in a league of its own

6 Likes

The article brings up some good points about the impact of COVID on the number of games played by potential tournament selectees. After our bout with COVID, hoping both the Coogs and their conference opponents can stay healthy. CKS was wise enough to schedule enough non-conference games, despite the early season tournament cancellations.

Theyā€™re making UVA look like s HS team unreal. Suggs not even a factor today. Kispert is a 1st rd pick.

https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1342969731997904896

5 Likes

Crazy stat. And to think Gonzaga was supposed to play Baylor as well.

2 Likes

I have heard others say that as well, tell me what you mean? So you donā€™t think BU is good enough to beat them even though they have beaten most of their opponents badly? I know we have a very good team based on what we have seen so far. I have heard commentators say that Houston & Baylor have best backcourts in the country. IYO what makes the ZAGS in a class by themselves?

depends in what context-
what puts them above?
offense is the answer and it is unmatched in the country by a country mileā€¦could be the best offense the last 4-5 yearsā€¦

they are the #1 offense in college basketball statistically, and whats makes that so crazy is most of their games have been vs elite defenses (wvu, kansas, and virginia at the end of the season will all be top 15 defenses (there are 350 teams)- gonzaga averaged 95pts per vs themā€¦note these were all blowouts where gonzaga called their horses off early)`

if you are asking personnel wise
the guard play in all 3 teams arent too far offā€¦but Houston and baylor wont have a ā€œbigā€ make an all-conference teamā€¦gonzaga bigs will make the national all-american teams

eye test wise
they destroyed 4 team that are projected to be elite in non competitive games ā€¦ no one even has resume wins close to their, not even adding they were blowouts

also i want to note that baylor might be as good as gonzaga, but its too early to tellā€¦ baylor has put up amazing offensive numbers themselvesā€¦ but havent played 1 good defense all season, and only 1 team with a heartbeart (that team has since lost multiple games)

1 Like

Our guard play is great but Iā€™ve been saying for a couple years now and getting chastised on this board, we need a dominant big man presence inside to win it all I think. Maybe Powell can develop into that with some work in the weight room

I have heard this a lot so far, Reid Gettyā€™s said it a few days ago and I respect his opinion! Them and Baylor have been the consensus picks from the beginning of the season. I think that will be a great game if they ever get to play.

They need to re sign Cumberland to another long term deal and end his hold out.

3 Likes

Gonzaga offense looked to me like a machine. The players knew every time what offense to run. No second guessing. That is the difference. They are so well prepared with their offensive execution. The defense will be on their toes and that takes a toll on the offensive side.

1 Like

In an alternate timeline they would have played us as well after they beat Auburn and we beat Tech

2 Likes

penny just had a presserā€¦

most people have been mocking memphis for running a aau/high school offenseā€¦turns out that penny says theyve been attempting to run and nba offense ā€¦ he is abandoning that plan and will now actually be running the offense he ran in aau/high school

https://twitter.com/brookshansen247/status/1343601835811209220

says he wasnt that familar with what they were running before and had to heavily rely on his assistant, he wnts to go back to what he knows