None of the Talking Heads

The media has to play up the injury to create some interest in a #1 vs #16 matchup. Otherwise, the public will assume it will be a blowout and the only interest is “is my bracket still safe”.

1 Like

I mean, sort of. But they aren’t using it to drum up interest in us vs NKU. We could trot out Shead, Roberts, Tramon, and two of the tuba players from the Spirit of Houston and possibly beat NKU.

Bilas, Kellogg, Davis, etc. have directly said they are picking us to lose prior to the Final Four because of Sasser not being healthy.

Oh, the human drama!

Some good stuff from Jay Bilas…who is super-duper-extra-cherry-on-top pro-Coog…

(until Elite Eight) :smiley:

Also, just read the Las Vegas bookmakers are picking UH to win it all!

3 Likes

Absolutely.

I saw that too. Albeit, supposedly the “least favored” favorite in many years.

I don’t care though… I’m delighted we are THE favorite.

I called up my buddy David Byrne and asked what he thought about the Coogs. He was all, “Heard about Houston??? Are you really asking if I’ve ‘heard about Houston?!?’ I put it in one of the greatest songs of all time!!!”

So we’ve got one of the Talking Heads in our corner.

2 Likes

UT gonna lose to A&M

Agree, talking heads cater to the ratings, Vegas goes for the money. Positive, we did not lose one the road, we have an experienced coach, we have players who have been there, the X factor is Walker.

I think Andy Katz has a Big Ten bias

5 Likes

Yeah if we flameout in the R32 most likely its to Auburn. Iowa is pretty mediocre on defense and doesn’t have the personnel to take away our inside game like Auburn does

Also lol @ Penn State winning against A&M

You know I’m not the biggest A&M fan but his reasoning is ridiculous. He claims A&M hasn’t seen a player like Jalen Pickett.

1 Like

And I thought B10 fans couldn’t get more delusional :sob:

1 Like

katz ? coogs and texas both out in the second round ? well, he’s going to be wrong.

THEY ARE ALL GOING TO BE WRONG !

GO COOGS !

(btw, i have memphis taking out purdue in my bracket, take that katz !)

1 Like

i did the rest of Katz’s bracket. He just has to hit “autofill” for the remainder

2 Likes

I like our chances to cut down the nets in NRG if Sasser is healthy(obvious) and we limit fouling. I think we have the highest foul rate in the field. We tend to be in foul trouble in our biggest games. If we can somehow have our top guys in the game most of the time our chances are very high in winning the whole thing.

1 Like

I was thinking this too, but I also think the officiating gets mostly better in the tournament. I haven’t gone back to check, but I can’t recall off the top of my head any severe foul trouble for us in past tournaments.

I agree 100% but putting this all on Sasser’s health and performance is unfair. To win the NCAA Tournament, it truly is team effort. Mark, Sharp and Arceneaux need to rise to the occasion. I never worry about Roberts and Chaney’s hustle and effort, but I do worry about foul trouble for them. The NCAA would be a great opportunity for JWalk to showcase his skills to NBA scouts and perhaps even take over a game or six (6). It also goes without saying that the team needs to collectively hit it’s FTs. The team is hitting 71.9% of FT this season and if UH could hit 75% of FT, I would be happy. Of course, we could hit 25% of FT but if we hit one that wins the game, I am okay with that.

I’m not putting it on Sasser at all but we need an effective Sasser to increase our chances of winning the whole thing. Of Course it’s a total team effort but we need our best player on the floor and playing at a pretty high level.

2 Likes