Now I will be eating Pinkerton's BBQ

Never heard of it

1 Like

I thought Pinkertons were hired to guard banks and get shot by Clint Eastwood? When did they expand into food service?

3 Likes

Nothing petty about what you do. The businesses make decisions, you make yours. If you want to talk petty, Iā€™m petty as hell about stuff like that.

3 Likes

grant@pinkertonsbbq.com

Iā€™m not smart enough to put the emails on here, but I told the guy that some UH fans are disappointed that heā€™d rather support austin than the city where he does business. He asked for ideas. If anyone has any, please share with him. Maybe heā€™s sincere. I doubt it, but perhaps. Iā€™d like to see a Cougar player get paid.

8 Likes

Because of all of this I will never knowingly eat Pinkertonā€™s BBQ. I am not sure where it is exactly but if I am in that area I am eating mexican or a burger, possibly pizza, maybe even fried chicken.

1 Like

This is one of the worst posts Iā€™ve seen on Coogfans lately.

Pinkertonā€™s BBQ is excellent. It is ranked by Texas Monthly for a reason. There are only a few places in the Houston area that are in the top category with Pinkertonā€™s - Truth, Corkscrew, Tejas Chocolate, and a couple others.

Complaining about who he sponsors it petty and silly. He went to UT. He is free to sponsor his fellow players. The students he is supporting deserve it. My goodness.

Maybe instead of a dumb protest, some of the top UH players - Marcus Jones, etc. - could reach out to him. He might be interested.

4 Likes

They can do whatever they like. Iā€™d just prefer that my city and my school be remembered when the goodies are handed out. Iā€™m petty about things like that. Tough Shiite.

3 Likes

I bet youā€™d be shocked at the places you frequent that are run/owned by a Horn, Aggie, Raider etc.
Iā€™m glad I donā€™t go that far, thatā€™s crazy but to ea its own. Iā€™ve said b4 , Iā€™ll say it again, we are very fortunate to have such Great Institutions in our State that can people can Graduate from n go on
to have successful careers. Ohh well, too much.

Crazy.

You are 100% correct. Pinkertonā€™s is phenomenal and has been my go to spot for good ā€˜cue.

But I will still give Piperā€™s a shot. Just like I try to support 8th Wonder as much as possible. Truth be told, Ingenious and Spindletap are my personal favs but I buy just as much 8th Wonder because theyā€™re Coogs and itā€™s also really good stuff, just not my #1.

Hopefully I can fit Piperā€™s in that same category. Iā€™ll stop by this week.

Where is Pinkerton again?! Iā€™m just curious :wink:

ā€œThis stuffā€™s made in New York City!ā€

2 Likes

There are 50 bazillion BBQ places in the Houston area. Arguing about BBQ is like arguing about who has the best margaritas.

2 Likes

Its not about rights. We all have the right to do what we want with our money. I find affiliations with UT to be on par with crimes of moral turpitude, visceral self-flaggelation, and devil worship.

Note: Maybe the ā€œvisceral self-flaggelationā€ is a bit of hyperbole but I stand by the other two.

9 Likes

Pinkertonā€™s is good but over priced.

1 Like

You guys can spend your money where you want, but:

Bad ideas: This thread. Boycotts.

Smart ideas: People who actually reached out to Pinkertonā€™s, who have now opened the door to our athletes. See below:

https://twitter.com/PinkertonsBBQ/status/1442918200484589574?s=20

13 Likes

Look. Pinkertons can do what they want. Every purchase you make is an opportunity cost boycott of the alternative. There are way too many UH businesses out there for me to worry about fixing a UT fanā€™s public relations. Good luck to Pinkertons. I hope they reach Fortune 100 status with franchises from Missouri City to Pakistan.

I just wonā€™t be eating there.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve heard really good things about Pinkertonā€™s. Anyone been there and vouch for it?

For me, Roegelā€™s BBQ is pretty darn good. Better than the Pit Room even.

1 Like

Lets do the next thread on ā€œDeloss Dodd Buick, Cadillac, GMCā€

2 Likes

Since Iā€™m a Lexus owner, I do know Chase Clement ( Ex UH QB for the younger ones on here) works for Lexus. So everyone go buy Lexus tomorrow. :smiley::grinning:

3 Likes