Now This Is Funny!

Quote: In the United States, people of color include African Americans, Asian Americans, Native Americans, Pacific Islander Americans, multiracial Americans, and some Latino Americans, though members of these communities may prefer to view themselves through their cultural identities rather than color-related terminology.

Good gawd man READ !

It’s there !

The total length of all of Warren’s Native American-assigned segments is about 12.3 million bases, which the report states is about 12.4 times greater than the average in the Great Britain reference population, and 10.5 times greater than the average in the Utah population. Bustamante concludes there is “strong evidence” for a Native American ancestor roughly six to 10 generations ago.

Long added that while Warren doesn’t appear to have a lot of DNA from a Native American ancestor, it’s “probably proof” there was one, and that the six to 10 generations figure was “appropriately cautious.”

It’s there scientifically, 6 generations ago. That’s Probably around the time of the founding of this
nation.

You see counselor, you got suckered in your absolutism binary thinking again. All I need is
any positive to get a true “on some ancestory”
QED

six to ten generations ago?

Jayzus. That ain’t close enough.

A parent would be half. (one generation)

A grandparent would be one-fourth (two generations)

A great grandparent would be 1/16 (three generations)

A great great grandparent would be 1/64 (four generations)

A great great great grandparent would be 1/256(five generations)

A great great great great grandparent would be 1/1024th. (SIX generations)

So you see, she’s NO BETTER than 1/1024th Native American, and possibly FAR LESS THAN THAT!!!

TEN generations back…would be an LAUGHABLY SMALL percentage of Native American.

Sorry…but she AIN’T NO Native American.

That’s LAUGHABLE.

The AVERAGE American White person has a 3.2% admixture of Native American DNA.

White Americans - Wikipedia.

Quote: DNA analysis on White Americans by geneticist Mark D. Shriver showed an average of 0.7% Sub-Saharan African admixture and 3.2% Native American admixture.[

Liz Warren’s is no better than 1.56%.

See here:

That means that if you have a Native ancestor 6 generations back in your tree, you share AT MOST 1.56% of their DNA, and possibly less.

So you see…

Not only is Liz Warren WHITE…she’s even WHITER THAN MOST American Whites.

Native American???

DON’T MAKE ME LAUGH!!! SHE’S WHITER THAN THE AVERAGE AMERICAN WHITE WOMAN!!!

NEXT!!!

1 Like

Those making fun of Warren wouldn’t vote her anyways. And most of us not making fun of her wouldn’t vote for her, either. You guys done yet?

2 Likes

He just needs to acknowledge the TRUTH of what I wrote before:

a) Liz Warren is no better than 1/1024th Native American (that is to say, a person with, at best, one ancestor six generations back), and possibly less (perhaps as far back as ten generations, or 1/262144th).

b) Her maximum possible Native American DNA admixture is 1.56%, only half, in the best case scenario, of what the AVERAGE White American has.

Which means that, as a matter of logical necessity:

c) Not only is Liz Warren WHITE…she’s even WHITER than most Whites.

Not sure why that’s so hard for NRCoog to accept.

No one with THAT LITTLE Native American ancestry should EVER be so much as even holding themselves out as Native American, much less trading on that identity in an official/professional context, as she did.

Not in this universe, not in this lifetime. Will this thread have eternal life? :rofl

1 Like

If he won’t accept those FACTS, then he’s only maybe one step above a Trumpist election denier in terms of not being willing to accept factual truth that isn’t to his political liking.

Glad I’m neither a Liz Warren Whiteness denier, nor a Trump election denier.

Both types of denialism…are DUMB.

Which is worse and which has acknowledge their mistake?

I guess Trump election deniers are worse, comparatively speaking, insofar as they use that as a pretext to try and overthrow our democracy.

But that doesn’t make Liz Warren whiteness deniers OK.

Why does NRCoog continue trying to make that case that Liz Warren isn’t white?

Best case scenario she is 1/1024th Native, worst case, 1/262,144th, and assuming (LONGSHOT scenario) she got ALL of that ancestor’s Native DNA, she would have at most a 1.56% admixture (most likely less than that) which is less than half of what the average WHITE American has.

Why would he keep trying to make the case that Liz is Native, when she is, DNA wise, LESS NATIVE than the average American White?

Hey listen…Liz Warren white denialism seems relatively harmless, until you consider that trading on that identity might have given her some inappropriate and undeserved kudos and recognition in academia that she was NOT entitled to.

I agree…Liz did admit she was wrong about that.

The only problem is…NRCoog won’t…and that’s BAD!!!

I think he’s pointing out that the family lore story was based on something and Liz didn’t just make it up out of whole cloth…like the election deniers did. She literally has native American DNA. It proves that point (if that’s what he was going for…haven’t read whole thread just last couple posts).

She’s apologized since finding out more about here heritage…so who cares now? It just seems a reason for some group to beotch and moan while…oh by the way…this group, the really loud one that keeps bringing up Liz Warren’s heritage deal, is backing an election denying traitor.

And I absolutely know you aren’t in that group…just to be clear. Still, these things aren’t the same and it’s not even close. It’s like speeding vs bank robbery.

1 you, your generation 100 % dna

2 nd gen your parents 50% dna

3 rd gen your grandparents 25% dna

4th gen great grands 12.5 % dna

5th gen great great grand. 6.25%dna

6th gen. great great great grand. 3.125%

:slight_smile:
So she has some native american ancestry. I really don’t care what other “white” people have.
She has sequences. Irrelevant what other whites in US may have. Claim she has some native
American DNA is TRUE.

QED**2

Except that she didn’t merely claim to have a Native American ancestor. She claimed to BE a Native American, even in academic and professional contexts, which is a load of CRAP.

She’s WHITE. Don’t try to deny it. Denying it is as dumb as denying that Trump lost the election.

She has admitted that she was NOT a person of color (Native American). Which makes her WHITE. She has admitted it.

WHY CAN’T YOU???

Merely having a Native American ancestor does not automatically make you a Native American, especially if you aren’t a registered member of a federally recognized tribe, it’s that many generations back, and you look like Liz.

And you might want to both reread and check your Math.

Your source and mine BOTH say she had ONE Native American ancestor six to ten generations BACK. One ancestor BACK means your parents, not YOU, which would make you 50%.

SIX generations BACK makes you 1/1024th.

Either your reading comprehension or your Math were off, or both

I’ll let you choose which.

Nice try Bro, but EPIC FAIL!-

As I said, BEST CASE scenario she had 1.56% Native ancestry, which makes her even WHITER than the average White American.

Can you imagine how inappropriate it would be if a White person looked like Liz, had one Black ancestor six generations or more BACK, and then claimed to be an African American, and even traded on that identity in academic professional contexts?

It would be OUTRAGEOUSLY inappropriate and WRONG!!!

Straight up racial/cultural HIJACK.

Why then do you tolerate and defend such antics from Liz with her own Native American cultural hijacking?

Very bad.

Now all that said, it’s possible she was told a story by her family.

But when you look like Liz, aren’t a tribal member, and can’t point to any ancestor within living memory, it’s pretty silly to claim to be non-White.

Cultural misappropriation.

Are we still on this?

2 Likes

97 is involved so . . . yeah.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Funny how you don’t say anything about NRCoog for being just as involved, and even deliberately misreading the data.

Denying that Liz Warren is White is on almost the same level as denying that Trump lost.