Operations Bldg announcement soon

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1535297593739075584?t=tLWT2mzi6YSMMX6ACxu2mg&s=19

23 Likes

Should we start the “Thank you Fertitta” posts now or wait until the official announcement?

10 Likes

Another great recruiting tool to add for multiple programs.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1535316552224067584?t=aNfa2Ofgar7ZzFgqA__GUw&s=03

7 Likes

I want official renderings! I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER! I

2 Likes

No, stop it. He’s already got two marquee buildings named for him, hes reached his level cap! Certainly hope this is a grass roots fundraising or donations from elsewhere.

Love Tilman though. Whoa Bundy!

Watching the Track and Field Championships last night at Oregon I could not help but dream of our track stadium looking like it. We actually have the space to do what they have with the seating, concessions and yawning

Phil Knight wanted it for them, so they have it.

Joining the Big 12 and getting 50 million dollars per year once we get full revenue is going to change our athletics incredibly.

I wonder if they’ll demolish and do a new sports building behind the fertitta center. Where casa is at

are we sure we are going to see that much once they renegotiate the tv deal and OUT is gone?

2 Likes

All signs point to yes, while we won’t get the huge increase the Big 12 would’ve got had OUT stayed in, we’ll get one slightly higher than the current deal.

Bob Bowlsby and other sources have said as much, TV money is going through the roof because of streaming.

The new Big 12 & SEC would dominate the Texas Market, which is really important. And they’re arguably a better draw than the PAC 12 or ACC.

Especially if the blue bloods of those conferences ever leave

1 Like

That is really great to hear. That kind of money is a literal game changer.

Yes Fertitta has his name on an athletic facility and an academic facility. I think we should do one more thing that’s not going to cost much money but mean a lot.

Only a suggestion but I think we should rename Holman street after him. The part between Scott street and Cullen BLVD.

2 Likes

It looked as though on the renderings that a few more seats will be added in the corners.

Would this increase our capacity by a few thousand?

I hope it’s a better looking building than the new Medical School Bldg. I think that is horrendous.

4 Likes

I thought we already renamed that section of Holman for Hofheinz as part of the TF Center Lead Gift Deal?

1 Like

Seems like I heard something like that but it may have been a suggestion by someone or it would have been done by now.

Well, at least the statue is up, and looks mighty fine too.

2 Likes

I wonder if OUT remain given a huge increase in revenue. There’s going to be a big battle of the brands.

Holman Street is named after James S. Holman, who was the first mayor of the City of Houston. And, the City of Houston owns the street. However, considering the present mayor of the City of Houston is a UH alum, I don’t think that getting the portion of Holman Street between Cullen Boulevard and Scott Street renamed would be politically difficult. I too had heard that it would be renamed for Roy Hofheinz, but UH, which is the sole abutting property owner at that location, would need to request such a change.

1 Like