Operations Bldg announcement soon

We have plenty of yawning, but it’s all over at the baseball field. :smiley:

Any news on this?

The bowl games over so we should start seeing ground break, right?! CDH paid a million dollars in. I’m sure he’s ready to see this project get started!

I was thinking the same thing. Later this year was given for ground breaking. Well it’s later this year.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The media rights deal will be about a third larger than the present contract, which is great. I can remember people thinking the new number would be in the teens after Texas and Oklahoma announced they were leaving.

I’m thinking we didn’t raise the funds that they anticipated we would but that’s my guess

1 Like

Need another 5-10 mil from CDH. Currently negotiating.

The sooner the Dana haters gather together 20 million, the sooner we can get a new head coach . . . . .

for the record not Dana hater here. Not a big supporter of him as a whole, but I certainly rather see him succeed next 2 yrs then fail miserably.

1 Like

Can we all now refer to Dana as Beetlejuice from now on, pls. Thank you very much!!!

- signed… President of the Dana Holgerson Hater Club Foundation

1 Like

I heard June for ground breaking?

I’m good with that. I’d like to see a gesture that doesn’t require his own money. That would be a great gesture.

The Dana Haters are in involved in “revolutionary perfunctory.” This is an essential step in the methodology of regime change. We can’t be burdened with the exchange of monetary assets. It would take us away from our toxic keyboards and throw the whole project into arrears.

3 Likes

Isn’t the new number for a full share @ $51 million?

If by FULL share, you mean all media rights including the FB playoff & bowl game revenues as well as NCAA BB tourney share, then something in the range of ~$50 million/year sounds about right.

For perspective, programs like UT and ATM will earn ~$70 million/year (for the same categories of revenues) plus another ~$130 million/year in attendance revenues (~100K/game FB ticket sales, donations, etc.) allowing them to fund their $200+ million/year athletic programs.

And so while funding for UH will improve some, we will continue to lag behind even the remaining Big12 programs like Texas Tech & TCU & Okie State whose athletic program budgets will still far exceed UH, not to mention their already existing facilities advantages.

Just sayin’ - so UH still faces a steep uphill climb and we won’t receive a full Big12 share for 2+ years.

All that matters is beating them on the field. That changes perceptions from media, fans and recruiting really quickly. We need the right coach to do that, however.

2 Likes

Getting a date in 60 days (ie, by August 10) didn’t age well. How much is left to raise to announce a groundbreaking date? Usually you need 75-80% raised to break ground.

Damn straight, playa

1 Like

Can we now refer to the President as Jabba the lippy ? ? ? ? ?

https://twitter.com/joseph_duarte/status/1618408377180385281?s=46&t=hBnrctR9XiaVtQX8UhADGw

1 Like