OT: Brandon Miller

I believe the actual shooting happened at Bryant-Denny Stadium, not at the bar.

Miller saved by the hockey assist.

1 Like

thats really interesting. I think that makes sense, especially if a DA has political aspirations in the state, chasing a high profile case like this with a low chance of conviction is probably not a good look. I hear some DAs especially those with political aspirations are very careful about the cases they take because they want a high conviction rate.

I think at this point I’m moving on from the police and focusing on the school, coaching staff, and NCAA. because while Miller’s actions may or may not be legal, there is certainly a problem with his behavior at those levels. and honestly, the Most shocking part of this, was Nate Oats admitting to covering this up. to have known for weeks that Miller was involved and not address it is just dumb. these texts were always going to come out. Was he just hoping that it would come out after April 3rd? lol

2 Likes

Naturally, if he violated some SCHOOL policy…the school could administratively suspend/expel him, or something like that.

But I’m guessing that there will be A LOT of pressure not to do that, you know, for OBVIOUS reasons.

6 Likes

I am sure he apologized all on his own after thinking his answer was boneheaded and not because of backlash in the media.

3 Likes

Culture isn’t just a word.

Neither is lack of institutional control.

There are things more important than a scoreboard and win-loss records.

1 Like

@2Coog72 not trying to pick on you! but I did think this quote was somewhat humorous given recent events. Still want Nate oats lol?

1 Like

In the “none of my business” category, I wonder who is paying for Miller’s legal representation? Is it a public defender assigned by the court or does Miller have his own attorney? Is the University of Alabama paying for his legal representation?

Maybe he’s using NIL money to hire a private attorney.

:laughing:

3 Likes

Pro bono im sure!

3 Likes

At the very minimum the players involved should have been suspended as an example. Forget about the legality of the situation, but if Nate Oats was aware of this I think he should have at least suspend them until everything was resolved. It’s just a bad look

1 Like

I fully embrace the concept of “innocent until proven guilty”, but doesn’t Alabama have a Code of Conduct that students and athletes have to abide by? Is Alabama worried that it is not a good look to suspend someone who has not been charged with a crime?

I think that they are more worried that their fan base/donor base would have a straight up VIOLENT REVOLT if he isn’t allowed to play for any reason while they are ranked #2 and a natty contender.

1 Like

Yes, sad but very true.

Lol I messaged the moderator to remove that post. I was doing a bit of trolling with my first time with an account

1 Like

all good. Couldn’t tell if it was sarcasm or not, but either way it is an amazing post! haha

Bama fans want us to “wait for the facts” as in wait till their season is over and Miller is done playing for them.

From what I can see, there might be an issue regarding intent.

Stupid? Oh yea. But did Mill have clear intent on delivering a gun which would kill someone in a manner that was not associated with self defense? I’m not sure. Anyway, I’m just an engineer. Not a lawyer. I’ll let those who know more on this subject have the louder voices.

If that Outkick guy on the video above is being truthful about the student code of conduct, Miller bringing a gun onto campus was a violation of the code of conduct regardless of what happened or didn’t happen after that. This is an open and shut case unless there are exigent circumstances (like one involving a star athlete bound for the NBA lottery).

1 Like

There are a number of courts. The first court is the court of public opinion and there isn’t a reasonable person out there that doesn’t think Miller is a POS thug and that Oats is a POS of a human being.

I will never cheer for Bama for anything. That athletic program and by association the university as a whole is beneath contempt. The fact that Miller is still playing is amazing to me, what price victory Bama?

I suspect there is a civil case that could be brought.

I’m still laughing at people saying bad judgment on Miller’s part.

Bad judgment is Sam Brown slapping a Tulsa player after a game.

This is so far beyond that.

His “bad judgment” led to someone being murdered.

But we all know the legal system is a joke.

11 Likes