OT: Hawai'i players want Toad Graham gone/ Graham is gone

It is absolutely astounding that Graham has continued to get head coaching jobs. He is completely toxic, and also not a very good coach.

7 Likes

Pretty sure he’s going to keep on being the coach there

Spam is probably the best selling meat product (it is made from ham isn’t it?) in Hawaii. I was surprised at that when I first went there. After 16 vacations to Hawaii, I actually tried it; I guessed it must be good if it’s so popular. I guessed wrong.

5 Likes

Back before refrigeration, canned meat products was standard issue except on Kawai where the wild boar population is pretty large. They have the largest per capita pit bull ownership in the USA strictly for hunting boars.

2 Likes

I think that there are still canned hams which are real hams. My mom cooked them when I was little bac in late 40’s and 50’s. I think spam is like particle board ham made from pieces of ham pressed together. At least that is what it seemed like. But, I don’t know anything about cooking; just what tastes good to me.

2 Likes

Pork shoulder & ham

2 Likes

I lived and worked in Hawaii for 3 years, and SPAM truly is a delicacy there.

There’s even SPAM sushi, which can be found at all types of restaurants; even convenience store counters.

Very popular!!!

People there also stir-fry SPAM into fried rice!

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

We ate Spam sandwiches as kids, potted meat too. As late 60s and early 70s kids, other than lunch meat and PB&J, I think that was the thing to eat. Today, I don’t think I’d eat it
yuck

4 Likes

When we were in Hawaii, my young son didn’t want the great breakfast buffet at the hotel. He wanted the McDonald’s “Big Breakfast” that he got here. He ordered it, and it had Spam and a scoop of rice. Eat up, big boy. They also had Spam Quarter Pounders.

2 Likes

Had plenty of SPAM growing up in west Texas. Sandwiches, fried SPAM, etc

Like others here, I’m okay if I never eat it again.

2 Likes

I wish I got Spam. Too rich for us. I got Underwood Deviled Ham. It looked like dog food

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.wideopeneats.com/recipes/deviled-ham/&ved=2ahUKEwiPrLHms6j1AhU3AWMBHQtYAQ4QrbMEegQIBBAY&sqi=2&usg=AOvVaw1fKwDD_9FpDA8Sk0AYGZjl

5 Likes

We had that too, I can’t believe I ate that stuff

3 Likes

Giena, when I was a kid, bologna sandwiches were my favorite for lunch. I still love them but my bride never buys it, I have to remember to buy it myself. My favorite bologna was the kind you cut off as thick as you wanted from a long round loaf. I haven’t seen those in years, just little packages.

I have never eaten deviled ham, don’t know if I have ever seen it.

3 Likes

Underwood’s is the best. And Spam is great on the grill
trust me when I tell you that if you cut spam into smaller pieces, and grill them, you can serve them at a cookout with toothpicks
if people don’t know what it is, they will love it !

4 Likes

Deviled Ham was everything Coach said and more. I cannot believe I ate it as well.

2 Likes

Ham Pate

(Pronunciation: Pah-tay)
:smiley:

1 Like

A lot of memories from this thread.

I ate a lot of fried baloney sandwiches and PB&J in school for lunch.

3 Likes

My little sister’s favorite was fried bologna sandwiches :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Did yall eat paint chips at school too?

1 Like