OT: Kyle Allen to start vs. Dolphins on Sunday

Mills is pretty clearly not the long-term answer, but from what I’ve seen he’s also the best QB on the roster. I’m indifferent to whether he starts or not, though – the difference between Mills and Allen, whichever one is better, certainly isn’t large enough to make this team look anywhere close to competent. The Texans are bad. They’re going to continue to be bad. An optimistic timeline has them looking okay in 3 to 5 years. Shuffling deck chairs on the titanic isn’t going to speed that up.

At this point. It’s which QB gives them a better chance at losing? I think that’s Mills. Texans have positioned themselves well for the first pick. Stay the course!

How about Pepto-Dismal

3 Likes

Dana ? ? ? ? ?

They are tanking the best thing to do is play Mills and get the first pick. They will finally be cleared of all the dead money from the released guys BOB gave all those insane contracts to after this season. They have cap room to fill some holes with legit players and not just JAGS like they have signed the past couple years plus a boatload of picks. Would it stun me if they fired Lovie no it wouldn’t but I assume he comes back next year.

Firing back to back 1st year African American coaches = bad look

That’s ridiculous. Both of those coaches have been terrible. It’s not about race. :roll_eyes: Honestly, I’m looking forward to the Rockets getting a new coach as well.

They’ve both been terrible, but they were also both set up to fail hard.

1 Like

Lovie Smith ain’t getting fired…

A coach that’s helped get his team(s) to the Super Bowl twice should at least get a second year. He does need an infusion of talent at LB and the secondary to effectively run his defense. However, QB should be top priority in this draft IMO.

1 Like

Defenses figured out kap. He was inefective and non productive before he was cut.

I’m of the opinion that a rookie QB should be the last piece that you slot in when you’re ready to contend. There’s no more valuable asset in all of sports than a good QB on a rookie deal, and if you have one you need to be able to do what you can to make the most of it. The Texans are still a couple of drafts away from being able to put a QB to good use.

1 Like

It was just reported by the NFL Network Allen will start even though Coach Lovie wouldn’t commit to it. The Texans are a straight-up clown show.

1 Like

I don’t consider Kyle Allen a true through and through UH alum, but he finished his final college years in Houston despite not graduating

Hope he does good

I don’t either and was disappointed in his play here. He deserves a lot of credit getting to the next level.

1 Like

He destroyed Rice

And then flopped after that.

His one good game here was against the ultimate crap secondary.

1 Like

Even better!!

If only!

Be careful what you wish for.

Sort of like Teddy Roosevelt. The NY GOP made him VP to get him out of the NY Governor’s mansion, because he was too pro-reform. They never planned on him becoming POTUS!!

That said, I do consider him a Coog, and I hope he helps break the Texans’ losing streak.

3 Likes