OT: Kyle Allen to start vs. Dolphins on Sunday

Ehhh

If Kyle does well, do we still draft a QB?

Yes.

I doubt that anyone considers him to be a ā€œlong-termā€ solution or ā€œfranchiseā€ QB.

Theyā€™re getting him ready for the Cleveland game.

Got his degreeā€¦Coog for life! Go Kyle!

3 Likes

Did he get his degree?

I thought he forgoed his final year for the draft? Did he graduate early?

Yes.

He has a degree from UH.

As a graduate, he had the option of transferring for his last season, but he elected to enter the draft instead.

See here.

2 Likes

Heā€™s a solid dude, and the good news is that it wonā€™t take much to improve over the other guy. :slightly_smiling_face:

I was in Tucson sitting in section with his parents when he beat Arizona.

3 Likes

Not sure why we had him running the read option, other than that he looked good.

He always had a next level arm and we beat Sumlin, so it was a good trip.

2 Likes

Kyle Allen is a true Coog. He gave his all on the field for the Coogsā€¦ He just couldnā€™t see spies underneath the secondary when he played hereā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like

That sounds good in theory but if you build up your roster before you draft the QB a game manager will get you around .500 and you will never have a shot at a good QB and you will be stuck in mediocre land forever.

Kyle Allen is an awesome Coog. Iā€™m glad he came to UH, and Iā€™m impressed with his NFL career. Hereā€™s hoping to a long and successful stint with the Texans.

3 Likes

Kyle Allen has been a more successful pro than he was as a coog. I am somewhat shocked they are starting him that tells me Lovie is nervous that he has to win some games to not be one and done as head coach.

Hope Allen does good. Good arm and smart guy. Hope that he continues playing in the league. Go Coogs!!

I love rubbing this in my Aggie friends faces. Just shot out a group text - ā€œFormer UH Cougar Kyle Allen starting for the Texans Sundayā€.

They get so bent out of shape about it.

6 Likes

Official

1 Like
3 Likes

Im going to watch KA this week. I wish he was successful here, he handled King taking over amazingly after those few games.

As both Dā€™eriq and Kyle have graduated from UH and weā€™re put trough bad situations i will always regard them as Coogs. Iā€™m glad he mentioned UH even if it was just briefly to explain him getting benched. The guy is top notch and i hope he gets the Texans alot of wins.

3 Likes