OT: LeBron James

That’s it. That’s the message.

Congrats, King.

7 Likes

Unreal accomplishment. One of the best to ever lace them up.

2 Likes

LBJ - The GOAT.

I don’t want to hear anything else.

Give me Lebron James and 4 dudes, I can get you a title.

3 Likes

And me and Pesik out there on the sidelines coaching them up.

6 Likes

Couldn’t be further from the truth

he couldn’t win crap until he started making super teams.

13 Likes

The league is currently slanted towards making offense easy.

When Kareem played, the league was slanted to allow misdemeanor assault in the paint.

Basketball is played very different between these two time periods. Very hard to crown anyone because it is so difficult to compare how each player might do in the other’s version of the NBA.

15 Likes

And Kareem and MJ never played on super teams?

2 Likes

The league was actually higher scoring on average during Kareems (108.8) career than LeBron’s (102.8)

2 Likes

But did i say that Kareem and MJ could win a title with any 4 dudes?

2 Likes

If anybody win a title with just 4 dudes, it was Hakeem in ‘94.

16 Likes

I’ll always be a Jordan guy

3 Likes

Kareem played w/Worthy & Magic two hall of famers and MJ played w/Pippen & Rodman two hall of famers, but I get what you’re saying!!!

Joined.

Something to think about. When Kareem scored his final point he was an old broken down player. When James broke his record, he scored 46 points.

On any given night you could make a case for Jordan, you could make a case for the Black Mamba, but for overall greatness, I think it has to be James.

1 Like

IMO the NBA in the 80’s to mid 90’s was by far, not even comparable a much more better sport. I find it today barely watchable. Before the three point line was moved back a center, power forward, forward, guard, point guard had a definite distinction from what we see today.
This is entirely a different game.

2 Likes

Due to the nature of the game before the three point line was moved center vs center was a nightly physical battle that took an enormous toll. I wrote it above IMO basketball today is an entirely different sport.

1 Like

That fits

1 Like

People must live a really sad and miserable life.

Lol. My goodness.

Just appreciate greatness.

3 Likes

You are welcome. Kareem in his prime was IMO the best player ever. How? He invented the sky hook or refined it to a point he was nearly impossible to stop him. Dunking? Arguable he changed the game by himself when the ncaa outlawed dunking. He was also a great passer.
Again IMO today’s basketball is entirely a different game.

Why the hate? We can’t have a different opinion? What gives?

1 Like