OT: Orlando might be fired from UT

Isn’t the D-Line coach a Longhorn ?

Yes and he had 2 stints coaching at UH

Go tcu!

I thought he did a pretty good job developing the guys Levine’s staff brought in.

1 Like

I think Gibbs did most of the developing of that defense. Orlando schemed well with exotic blitz packages and hyper-aggressive game-planning.

I still remember when we blanked Vandy, a Vandy alumnus had missed the game and asked what had happened. The response he got was “They blitzed the s*** out of us!”

2 Likes

Gibbs’ defense was weak against the run.

1 Like

So now we are crediting sumlin who recruited nothing and lived off Briles players for giving Levine the recruits who gave Orlando his defense? Some are just in denial

Not me, Levine was head coach for 3 years and most of the top players were coached by Orlando for 2 years.

Do the math…that is 5 years as some were red shirted…and we all know Herman didn’t red shirt !!

And oh by the by Levine was on Sumlin’s staff. Sumlin didn’t recruit squat !! In fact, the recruits were probably kept away from Sumlin…

The Orlando defense worked well against the athletic qbs who did not throw well from the pocket.
True pocket passers who knew how to execute and offense and get rid of the ball often killed him.

HC gets the credit when they win and gets the grief when lose…RESULTS bring in top players

Sure for the very simplistic viewer.
Case made Sumlin and he stunk
coaching a veteran team without Case.

1 Like

We are learning real quick that without a veteran qb it is tough to coach here in Houston.

2 Likes