OT: projected 1st round pick Jalen Carter invloved in January Fatal Accident

I’m disgusted by this. Living just north of Athens, I see a lot of Georgia fans acting as if it’s no big deal. I understand, “kids will be kids” and we’ve all made stupid decisions as young adults, but he left the scene of an accident, obviously because he knew how it would look and may affect his NFL career. If I’m an NFL team, I’m not drafting him…but we know his draft stock probably won’t be affected much. Smh

4 Likes

Leaving the scene is the least concerning aspect of this for me. Dude knew he was gonna be in trouble and made a panicked decision to run away from it. That’s understandable, if wildly irresponsible. The racing was real dumb, though. Put his life and the life of others at risk. He’s lucky he didn’t kill anyone.

That being said, these are ultimately misdemeanors. His draft stock is gonna fall, but he’s not exactly Aaron Hernandez or Henry Ruggs.

I don’t know about you guys, but when I was a kid, most of my buddies would drag race on deserted roads; I didn’t only because I had a VW beetle and it wouldn’t stand a chance. But I was in the car of a couple of friends when they raced. When I was 21 years old I was in the navy and did plenty of stupid things with my buddies when we all got plastered.

Carter was not in the car that wrecked, it was driven by a 24 year old recruiting staffer. By the time I was 24 years old, I had no interest in that sort of thing, but you never know when some people will grow up. I know there are plenty of adults in their 30s or 40s that still engage in that sort of thing.

I don’t think Carter should face any charges other than the racing and reckless driving misdemeanors he will be charged with. I know there are those who have always been down the straight and narrow path and never did anything wrong; maybe they have better footing in being judgmental in this case but I certainly don’t.

3 Likes

You think NFL teams should pass on him now? The same NFL that Ray Lewis won a super bowl in. Pass on him a watch him turn into a star on another team.
So how far do you think he’ll drop. I’ve seen him referred to as the best Defensive prospect in the draft. How many teams will pass on that?

2 Likes

This corporation of America (country) vote for criminals to lead people. Owners of NFL teams by law are considered rich sex offenders. Big Ben raped a woman and barely anyone knows. Carter should fit right into the buddle of confusion.

4 Likes

Only the ones with stupid GMs.

1 Like

Allegedly, he wasn’t convicted.

1 Like

He has money.

2 Likes

It was all over the press, but it was always a he said, she said situation without evidence.

2 Likes

That would be cold blooded if he just ghosted without immediately calling 911.

You sound quite ignorant.

Big Ben had to lay low for a long time.

Think Ben did some ads later on. For a long time the City Dump would not have Ben as a spokesman.

There was a recording of the assault, but it strangely got recorded over.

2 Likes

Two families are devastated but I guess people feel the need to gossip.

Yeah, when you’re rich beyond belief like Big Ben what’s a couple of millions to keep the girl from pressing charges against you? Especially when the girl already knew her chances of convicting a famous football God like Big Ben is basically nil! She did what every sane person would do – take the money!

1 Like

NFL teams would draft Jack The Ripper if he could play good defensive tackle.

3 Likes

When you’re rich beyond belief like Big Ben why would you need to resort to that? It’s not like he couldn’t get a girl. All I know is women have been falsely accusing men since Potiphar’s wife and unless there is credible evidence people should not jump to conclusions when it doesn’t even go to the grand jury. BTW, a couple of million dollars is a lot to pay for sex.

1 Like

I heard that reasoning with Bill Cosby. I disagree, it still is a lot of work to woo most women no matter who you are. Men resort to that, and their star status doesn’t make them immune from rejection

According to Ben, you’re right. He said he’s never had to force himself on a woman, which is more than believable even before he had money. Miami Ohio is known for being a preppy party school and being a 6’5 frat boy star qb is gonna get you laid.

On the other hand, celebrities are often desensitized by constant sex their money and power brings them and do more and more perverse things to get off.

Here’s the thing, he has been accused, not charged. Unless he was actually charged, I have nothing concrete to base the accusations on. Do you not think it possible that women would actually falsely accuse a rich man to get a settlement? It’s not a new concept. He may be guilty and he may be innocent, but in our system he is entitled to the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise.

The same goes with Miller and Carter. However, Carter has pretty much confessed to racing, which by definition would be considered reckless driving – and that’s all he is charged with.

The tweet where Miller is asked to bring the gun seems like compelling evidence, but we aren’t privy to the whole of the evidence. I admit that I would like Miller out of the way in the tourney, so I am biased and should never be considered for the jury. :wink:

I mean, Darren Sharper was a Hall of Fame candidate before he got busted for drugging and raping someone. By all means, dude absolutely didn’t “have to resort to that,” but he did. Likewise, Roethlisberger claiming that when he followed her into the bathroom they almost had sex, but then we didn’t and those cuts and bruises she got on her genitals are totally from a fall seems less parsimonious than her explanation that he followed her into the bathroom and sexually assaulted her.

3 Likes