OT: Retro UH Merch Drop

This is the stuff! Thanks Dan!

Wrong! My kids loved the wet cat logo. I think it was a hit with the young uns …

I always wanted a #4 tear away jersey. Surely there’s a box of those somewhere from that era.

100%. The wet cat has a lot more fans than people think, especially with the under 21 crowd.

Someone posted a new hat on the basketball board the other day with the wet cat on the side. I showed it to my 13 yr old kid and he was all over it, as were a few of our basketball players.

1 Like

Which logo is the wet cat?

1 Like

I love the stuff but I go out of my way to not wear T-shirts… would kill for a polo or pullover.

1 Like

That would be this one:

I’m gonna be honest, I don’t hate it as much as most, but it is clearly a Panthers ripoff. Better than Thundercoog, though.

4 Likes

Ah ok. That’s what was around when I was in school. Just never heard it referenced that way.

I don’t like that logo but i do wish we had the thundercat cougar helmet logo on a shirt or hat.

One, if not the worst logo we’ve ever used. That was a Maggard thing, he did a lot of good things here, but that was not one of them.

2 Likes

im about to spend a lot of money…

2 Likes

I actually like Thundercoog over Wetcoog.

I like both. I like Thundercoog a bit more

1 Like

This is why I’m going to do to a UH logo design thread in the UH History category.

Wetcoog, cousin of Carolina Panthers

Thundercoog, cousin of Thundercats

2 Likes

I love the cartoon style logo. Every school has those tucked away for special stuff.

Man, I miss those cartoons they used to put in the sports page on Saturdays. I wish they would go back to that. Kids nowadays would like them too.

1 Like

I really liked what the Athletics Dept did with this logo:

3 Likes

I like that, too

Got the walking Cougar online but it had the Ya Woo so I bit.

We need more “Ya Woo”!!!

OUTSTANDING!!!
I do like sweatshirts. It would be awesome to extend these to more swearshirts. I too am going to spend money on these. One of the reasons I will is because I know some of the money will go to U of H.
TDECU gift shop?

Spud,
Show us what you got !
Go Coogs !