OT: The Dark Empire (THE Horns Down College Thread)

I was glad Sumlin did not succeed at TAMU as well. I was at his final game. The team looked like they dialed it in and already laid down. That is when I knew he had signed with TAMU.

2 Likes

Guys, this has got one of the biggest stories in college football this season: University of Texas Longhorns underutilizing the most talented team in Texas! Wow! Opposing coaches would LOVE to have that type of talent on their teams. Amazing!

2 Likes

I know their last two recruiting classes were top 5 nationally, but how many of those kisds are playing, I don’t know. If many are playing, I would say the lack of experience is negating at least some of the talent.

I’m not a Herman hater like some on this board but coaching relationships always play into it. Psychology of gifted people whether academic or athletic is a challenge too.

Why doesn’t everyone just forget about UT unless we are playing them. Good vibes, man.

4 Likes

It’s hard to forget about UT when they are single-handedly responsible for the current condition of Cougar football. I am glad to see Herman’s frustrations.

13 Likes

Ego. Herman started believing his own press, and add to that the circus with the minister of culture (or whatever the hell its called) McConaughey…

UT could win out ending the regular season at 9-3 which isn’t too bad and is what they did last year. It keeps Herman off the hot seat. Well, it keeps Orlando off the hot seat.

Good example of why UT is called “Underachiever U”

5 Likes

When UT plays Baylor this will shake itself out.

Baylor has not out recruited The 'Horns. So a Bears win will speak volumes about Herman’s abilities.

1 Like

I think UT’s players are not buying into Herman’s BS.

It is about the culture according to Tom.

3 Likes

They playing 3rd teamers in the defensive backfield due to injuries. That and Herman’s offense sucks

2 Likes

All I know is the experience that Briles, Sumlin and Herman gained at little ole UH, sure made them a lot of $$$$&$ !!

2 Likes

Amongst other terms and phrases not to be named.

North of $100MM

Herman gets what he deserves…

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/09/02/tom-herman-texas-lsu-ed-orgeron

1 Like

And no an ounce of gratitude shown. As soon as they were off campus they were bad mouthing the university that gave them their golden opportunity.

6 Likes

Do you think the rumors about Tom Herman to the Houston Texans are distracting the Longhorns players? Or maybe the negotiations are distracting Herman’s game planning?

We saw the same here at UH. Seems to be a pattern.

Yes, they have a bigger checkbook, but the checks are written by people with tiny dinosaur brains !!

Ego’s won out again.

Seems that neither ut or a$m will ever figure it out !!

At least I hope not !!

Like I have said, the jury is still out on Herman’s coaching “ability” !!

1 Like

This is a prime example of the importance of not putting too much stock in recruiting rankings. People here on this board continue to have a melt down about our recruiting ranking and lack of numbers in the 2020 class. Numbers and rankings aren’t everything if:

A player is overrated due to the school he commits to.

Or the highly rated class is full of players that doesnt address team needs.

Uta is dealing with both of those issues at the same time and Herman alongside the pretentious boosters in Austin all deserve this outcome! I hope Baylor and the rest of the “less talented” teams that filled their recruiting classes properly, continue to expose them!

2 Likes

UT topic #2 @Coogfans2ndAdmin and @pray10… please merge all the UT crap! Call it the Dark Empire.

4 Likes

Can we have another UT thread on coogfans please because 4 isn’t enough.

3 Likes