Other Games (2026 Week #2)

The fix is in.

I am aware that it is TV. But at what point should the athletes and fans be considered?

This was a college and high school meet


“We are making these adjustments in an attempt to contest the JV races before the WGBT gets too high. Our medical staff follows the American College of Sports Medicine’s guidelines. If the WGBT is above 82F we will be required to cancel the JV races. This morning at 9:00 AM the WGBT was 82.1F. Our goal by starting earlier is to allow us to have a safe competition for everyone.”

3 Likes

Okie State goes up on Oregon 10-7. 12:54 in the 2nd.

2 Likes

I have only had one day of being too cold and it was skiing in Canada. I have heated gloves and plenty of gear to stay warm. I have nothing except a wide brimmed hat and a battery fan to stay cool. And it doesn’t really do anything.

2 Likes

I agree w/ you 100% but CFB isnt exactly known for making sense or making smart change. I doubt that ever changes.

An iowa band member died in iowa city last week because the onfield temp was 140 degrees.

Natural grass is a big help too in terms of player safety and the schools themselves deserve the blame there.

RIP Derek Phillips, btw

2 Likes

Trust me, I got nothing but respect for the Houston heat. It’s the real deal no doubt.

I would like to see UH get numbers in the context we have to work with tho. That’s all.

We’re on the same page

2 Likes

Hopefully this tragedy will spur some sort of change.

1 Like

Feel for bad for anyone that took futures bets on Oregon to win the national title this year. Two weeks in a row struggling with mid competition. Not looking good for the Ducks.

TD Sun Devils !

What a call. Great blocking!

1 Like

:sunny: :smiling_imp:

Come on!!!

1 Like

Let’s go!!!

1 Like

I am not super stoked to admit Arizona State under Dillingham is legit.

But it’s good for the conference so LFG

1 Like

If the devils can stop shooting themselves in the foot with penalties, they can pull this one out.

2 Likes

It won’t.

TV will tell the conference what time a game at a certain spot will start. It’s about money.

Put a UH game at 11am or 2pm, the stadium looks empty. More people will be at home watching the game.

We’ve had fans post they’d rather watch on TV than go to a hot stadium on here.

3 Likes

They also don’t think football games require the same level of constant exertion players see in practice or in that case a x country meet.

1 Like

Still live!!!

Shock 'Em Devils!!!

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Yep. I’ve never understood why they post that crap here. What purpose does it serve to admit that?

2 Likes

Which is a shame because it’s a completely different style of conditioning than the other sports.

It is in spurts, but it’s no less rigorous.

The transition from football conditioning to basketball conditioning was a ***** back in the day. Completely different, but no less taxing.
@IowaCoog

2 Likes

Love the gold helmets with the cartoon character btw.

Retire the fork helmets. If it aint broke dont fix it.

Borderline iconic. It just works.

Midway through 2nd quarter.
Ok St 17
Oregon 7

3 Likes