Our fans are developing a reputation

And it’s something for us to be REALLY proud of. Dylan Disu made a comment in the postgame today, and it is the fourth such comment an opposing player or coach has made about our crowd this season.

“They understand basketball. They understand their team. They get excited for plays that they deem as important. The offensive rebounds, the hustle plays. Great crowd.”

Coach Sampson said earlier this week that we are a blue collar program in a blue collar city. We as a fanbase have come to understand what makes our program tick, and it has not gone unnoticed by our own players and coaches or our opponents. Great job Coog fans.

44 Likes

Students were great. The F UT chant was low rent tho.

14 Likes

I was just talking to some friends about how great of a basketball IQ our fanbase has developed. It’s deep and way beyond a season or just knowlwdge of ourselves.

Before the game today, looking around Fertitta Center I had a moment thinking of everything that has come before now and created all of this.
Just so damn proud.

24 Likes

I didn’t catch that one. I did laugh at the “who’s your daddy” chant.

6 Likes

Thankfully sounds like most people didn’t hear it. I’ve asked a couple people who were at the game or watched on tv and none heard it. We are in 111 and our fans started booing the students.

There are elements of the fanbase that are very aggressive and confident. Nice to meet you.

1 Like

Wish the chants were louder.

4 Likes

I heard the F-UT briefly on tv. Also heard a few S-E-C taunts.

Crowd came across great on the boob tube.

10 Likes

I just watched the replay and I barely heard the F-ut chants at the very end of the game as Mylik was dribbling out the clock and the buzzer sounded.

I’m in 106, definitely heard the F UT chant multiple times, full student section behind the band, I was thinking the TV crowd probably couldn’t hear it, it was actually a little embarrassing but I like the students enthusiasm

Students will be students! Yes that was salty but I am proud of our students!!! You folks ever hear the things Rice students chant? I am not worried.

6 Likes

Students to stuff like that. It doesn’t bother me much as long as the entire arena doesn’t join in. Is what it is.

The SEC chant is so cringe worthy and the arena was joining in.

SEC chant was loud, oh well it’s good the whole fanbase can get together we need more of it

1 Like

I don’t mind the student chants and them doing the horn down.

It’s us older alums who need to stay classy

5 Likes

I think with older Alums it is such a temptation to give the horn “old billy hell” after years of abuse and total disrespect. Just human nature.

4 Likes

I’d put FC crowds up against anyone’s when we’re winning.

2 Likes

I was really hoping Cougar Brass would play Neck.
Appreciate the short burst of crassness. :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah, i don’t get the SEC chants as an insult because it’s generally considered a step up in conference prestige and much more money. We could only dream of fans chanting SEC at us and the additional money flowing in. We’d be much better just chanting “UT sucks”. It’s simple, not explicit and much more to the point.

It was a dig more at the SEC than anything else. I hope they understand who they’re taking into their fold because i generally like SEC football and would hate to see it go belly up because of the flatulent cows.

3 Likes

I heard the chant. Thought it was way over the top.