Our non conference home schedule is awul

With the tournament it’s 6 hard games, and 6 buy games, 2 of the buy games are normally good mid major

No wonder Houston finds it hard to be in the big boys table. What makes a program are the fans. Fans by definition are folks who love their own team and not show up to see games only against marquee opponents.

5 Likes

Lol. Gonzaga’s home schedule so far has been Dixie State, Texas, Alcorn State, and Bellarmine.

How is that better than Hofstra, Rice, and Virginia?

It isn’t.

Also LOL, both Gonzaga and Houston have played 3 games in Vegas. We got Butler, Wisconsin, and Oregon and they got Central Michigan, UCLA, and Duke.

1 Like

Gonzaga also has:

Alabama in Seattle.

And Texas Tech in Phoenix.

Texas, UCLA, Duke, Alabama, Texas Tech. Pretty darn good.

Alot of those are neutral site games. Which I think is a problem with college basketball. No team wants to play at another teams gym.

Texas did, credit to them. They got killed by 20 pts.

I guess people’s reasons to go to our games are different these days. I’ve always gone to our game to see UH play

14 Likes

You guys can always find something to complain about that isn’t worth comparing about. And preternaturally good at finding an example of greener grass to apply to any situation.

No s* it would be nice…. Why don’t we just schedule those teams…

I think I will email the AD with that suggestion, I will also suggest we play 1 and 1 in football with UT, A&M, and Alabama next year

3 Likes

No 1 and 1, just home games, please

2 Likes

We are slowly turning into the fanbases we dislike the more we win…

8 Likes

We don’t need to over do the schedule. The OOC schedule is a good one. Maybe one more highlight game would have been nice but a tough trip to Hawaii and Bama on the road with essentially a road game to play OSU is enough.
We need to schedule to develop and be ready for conference and not be in a dog fight to the wire every game.

3 Likes

Yeah one big away game, one big home game, a legit tournament, a legit neutral site game, and a bunch of buy games at home is a pretty common OOC formula for a program like ours.

5 Likes

Speaking facts per usual @Jcoop9

2 Likes

I have to catch myself from time to time so I know its real :joy:

Because Pearland.

2 Likes

TSU men’s non-conference schedule. They do this every year, it seems. Play a bench of big names on the road to prepare for SWAC, but it’s amazing they don’t play any home games. I’d rather play TSU than Bryant.

at Oregon
at St. Mary’s
at Washington
at Air Force
at NC State
at BYU
at La Tech
at Florida
at UTRV
at Cincinnati
at TCU

That non-conference schedule is how they fund their entire AD. Little to do with preparing for SWAC play, and almost all to do with the fact that they need the money.

7 Likes

My mistake

You should drop CKS’s office next summer and help him set up several home “big” games.

I’m sure he could learn something.

Actually TSU plays those schools for paydays

Fan apathy comes from people like you.

I go to see the Coogs play.

6 Likes