Pac-12 Damage Control?

Yeah I think that’s what they’re attempting to do, but I doubt it happens all that quickly.

MHver has connections through the academic side and not athletics. I learned this several years ago through a friend who knows him.

Priceless…

Remember, the Big XII will be negotiating new rights in a couple of years, so any numbers the PAC gets will be more than a WAG.

If I’m the Four Corners, I’d probably want to see those numbers. If you are Oregon and UW, you are dreading them because you may not get called up to the majors. Will the remaining PAC members agree to an unequal revenue distribution for Oregon and UW?

Crazy. Chaotic. Fun. Especially since the Big XII isn’t going to be hurt regardless of the outcome.

If they’re not suicidal (TBD), “negotiations” here may be mostly about asking networks which schools add value.

1 Like

I’ve heard the same but I’ve also heard many or all of those former sources are no longer with WVU or any school in the ACC, AAC or B12

It’s too early to draw conclusions.

A lot depends upon whether the B1G takes 2 or more schools. The PAC will probably survive if the B1G only takes 2. If the B1G takes 4 or more the PAC would get AAC money.

PAC isn’t surviving no matter what

1 Like

There’s a good 90% chance there is a conference called the Pac-[int_teams]. What level that conference is operating at is less certain.

I’m sure our future conference is getting the same sorts of input from possible TV partners. Nobody makes a move without a green light. Even the SEC and Big Ten talked to their TV partners.

Can the PAC keep their members in the fold long enough to get some input from media partners? Probably. Who doesn’t want to have some numbers?

1 Like

I’d actually thought they’d been having preliminary talks already. Guess not.

This is a smart move on their part. Their primary objective is to see what kind of numbers they’re looking at moving forward in a post USC/UCLA world. If the numbers are acceptable, they may try to stick it out for now.

However, those filet mignon’s two weeks ago now look like Big Mac’s.

If the PAC thinks it can steal TT, TCU or any other Big XII school, OUT are having trouble putting together early exit fees. Think TT and TCU will fare much better?

If Mhvr has decent information, we may be seeing the battle of the media networks. You have to believe that USC and UCLA going to the B1G was not something ESPN wanted to hear.

Supposedly, Fox has stated there is no interest in bidding on the PAC going forward. Fox and NBC and CBS to bid on Big 12 contract. Now, PAC Presidents are moving forward on a new media contract (ESPN) involved.

If this is true, this may end up being a war between the two media giants and the benefactor will be the conference that wins as it will get a better contract. If he is correct, and you have multiple media outlets looking at the Big 12, my bet is the Big 12 wins and the PAC loses. Big 12 gains additional PAC schools and the remaining PAC is left to do something with the MWC schools.

Why does the Big 12 win. Primarily will be a coast to coast league offering games in all time slots, and closer to the East where college football viewership is the largest.

1 Like

They are definitely going to lose Oregon, the only question is will the Ducks be in the B1G or the Big 12. I dont think the B1G wants them…at least not for a couple of decades, if ever. I believe the Big 12 adds at least 6 PAC schools, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Utah.

1 Like

Don’t forget Turner, which also wants in.

At 18 teams we would be able to tell CBS, NBC, and Turner that if they sign with us we have all of the content they need for Paramount+, Peacock/USA, and TBS/TNT/TruTV respectively. Whichever bids the most gets all the content they need.

(Then take that number to ESPN and Fox and see if they want to match it. ESPN needs ESPN+ content pretty badly, and has three sports-dedicated networks.)

MHver

https://twitter.com/MHver3/status/1544371840050667523?s=20&t=IWlAT0AUd6oK_d47LTLuWQ

Please get Oregon and Washington

Plz plz plz

4 Likes

Whats the over and under line for when the first shoe drops? Ima say 11am tomorrow

Over

1 Like