PAC 12 getting final offered from ESPN

$75M is TV money only. $100M includes TV money, bowl money, 12 team CFP and March Madness money.

1 Like

IF ESPN is low balling the PAC12 it’s an attempt to disband, or reduce, the conference and force the desirable teams to jump to the B1G or B12. That would leave the PAC12 weaklings to form another G5 conference.

They’ll immediately jump to the MWC

1 Like

MWC would become the P4+1, or P4+2 given AAC.

That can make the CFP top 6 ranked CCs. Then 6 At-Larges.

The reason we ALL want the PAC to die is because it could set the precedent that they are OK booting current P5 teams from the Power Conferences which favors the University of Houston and the Big 12.

We just added Four to the club from G5 and G Independent world.

If the PAC dies, Oregon State and Washington State will be downgraded to G#.

If the ACC is raided most likely another 4 will be downgraded to G# or moved the Big East for basketball only (Wake Forest, Duke, Boston College & Syracuse). The P5 becomes the P3 and theoretically, the schools in those 3 conferences (SEC, B1G 10, and new 20 school Big 12) should get the top recruits and resources.

So +4 -2 -4 means we are in the club provided 1) the Big 12 is the survivor of the 3 Power Conference Tier 2 Hunger Games (PAC , ACC B12) and 2) The networks give us a competitive offer.

Well, this may be true.

However, before we start throwing stones, we better start throwing touchdowns. If we lose to Tulane tonight, we could be on a losing streak, resulting in a losing season entering the Big 12. That is not a good look. We want to go in with strength.

Otherwise, we may be joining Oregon State and Washington State in a few years.

Its happened before.

I believe the $16M offer to the PAC10 is true. Why else would this PAC10 homer want to go all in on Amazon?
https://twitter.com/wilnerhotline/status/1575932311291326464?s=20&t=vEnNts_7pV1-nvWri6W2Pg

I think he’s talking all revenue streams media rights, ticket sales, licensing fees, stadium naming rights etc. No telling where Yormark may find additional revenue streams nobody realized seems he has a reputation for doing so. Who’s knows it could be higher than $65M by time Yormark is done

1 Like

Here is where the $16M source came from though it’s speculation like everything else.

It’s strange that the PAC10 media homers have not denied it which makes me believe it’s true. The PAC10 media homers wants Amazon to have the full PAC10 media deal.
https://twitter.com/TheMontyShow/status/1575446151670571014?t=NOrA1O0o-TUCFuLEzd3hhQ&s=03

Absolutely NO CHANCE the Big 12 gets anywhwere near 65K per team.

Stop being foolish.

Do you mean we wont get 65 million for tier 1 rights, or you dont think we can get 65 million for combined revenue? I would agree we wont reach 65 million for tier 1 revenue.

Im not arguing the PAC is valuable, but if this is what ESPN is offering the PAC, the XII offer won’t be much higher. Just look at the individual programs.

I disagree, i dont care what brands you THINK the PAC has, their fan bases are small and are NOT passionate
they dont attend, and they dont watch on TV or subscribe to pay per view
in contrast the Big 12 fans DO WATCH
advertisers KNOW that large numbers of Big 12 fans will be watching and that makes our product FAR, FAR, more valuable than the PAC product. Now the problem the PAC has is that outside of ESPN, no other media partners even give a damn about them at all, and that wont be the case for the Big 12
if ESPN tries to low ball the Big 12 for 16 million dollar shares, then the Big 12 will have other interested potential partners that would see the value of being in front of large numbers of Big 12 eyeballs, and could still get all that value for a greater discount from the amount of money being paid to the B1G/SEC

1 Like

Yeah I agree with this to some extent.

There is no question that in terms of name brand, the PAC has it over the Big 12. Oregon, UW, Zona, Stanford, Cal, Utah and CU are better college name brands (at the moment) than KU, ISU, Okie State, TCU, WVU, Cincinnati or UH. This is mainly due to the relative rankings of these colleges on USNWR.

Problem for the PAC, is that while they have strong name brands, their football AND men’s basketball programs are a joke, and its unlikely that ESPN or Fox is gonna pay that much for mediocre programs that no one watches. Unless ESPN/FOx believes that the strong brand names of CU, Utah, Stanford, Zona etc. are enough to carry the ratings, it would not make sense.

However, IF those four corner or even top 6 schools joined the Big 12, then the value of all of the schools would increase. This goes back to what I and many others have been saying: long term, our best bet is for the two conferences to merge.