Pain Management

Yeah they do, but it’s like being a dry county it only works inside the city limits of Chicago. A huge percentage of the guns in Chicago are from the two hour drive to Indiana with some of loosest laws. After that it’s just a matter of driving the speed limit until they get home.

2 Likes

That sounds like a rationalization when
you don’t agree or can’t accept the resultant data. Cry fraud, statistics lie, etc…

Admittedly, I’ve seen some news polls that are poorly
worded and have slanted questions. But by and large
that’s not the case for real news organizations. If you
participate in only a party’s polls, well, you are what you are.

Do you consider NBC, ABC, and CBS as real news organizations? Because I usually watch NBC or CBS news and that’s usually where I see polls.

I admit that a whole lot of their stuff is slanted to their point of view, but I don’t know who all does their polls; they generally say but I don’t remember and they vary.

Gun control polls well, but when on the ballot, doesn’t do well. Here’s one example:

https://twitter.com/davidshor/status/1529295482282983426

It was overly broad. We already confiscate private guns under certain circumstances following due process. If we banned assault weapons while grandfathering previously purchased weapons provided that firearms (at the least assault weapons) had to be registered in order to keep them then an unregistered weapon would be seized. That’s the scenario in my mind and why I voted yes.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1532867127757127686?s=20&t=E2IDf-SbZAQ7W6eE5pHy_A

This is absolutely heartbreaking.
This poor man and the pain of these families, his and their grief is palpable.

Those police officers failed those children and their families.

3 Likes

If I had a single wish, I’d wish it to be that politicians and opinion makers got explosive diarrhea whenever they lied or conflated issues or intentionally overstated and misled others, whether for personal gain or advancing an ideology/cause.

That’s it. The world would be greatly improved.

Note: White lies such as you don’t look fat would be exempt, because they stem from the impulse to be kind. :wink:

4 Likes

Below is fact information regarding the AR-15. I urge you to consider this information.

Modern Sporting Rifle Facts
The modern sporting rifle, based on the AR-15 platform, is widely
misunderstood. Why? Confusion exists because while these rifles
may cosmetically look like military rifles, they do not function the
same way. Also, groups wanting to ban these rifles have for years
purposely or through ignorance spread misinformation about them
to aid their cause.
The National Shooting Sports Foundation asks you to be an
informed gun owner and to use the following facts to correct
misconceptions about these rifles. Remember, that if AR-15-style
modern sporting rifles are banned, your favorite traditional-looking hunting or target shooting
semi-automatic firearm could be banned, too.
 AR-15-platform rifles are among the most popular firearms being sold. They are today’s
modern sporting rifle.
 The AR in “AR-15” rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in
the 1950s. “AR” does NOT stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle.”
 AR-15-style rifles are NOT “assault weapons” or “assault rifles.” An assault rifle is fully
automatic – a machine gun. Automatic firearms have been severely restricted from
civilian ownership since 1934.
 If someone calls an AR-15-style rifle an “assault weapon,” he or she either supports
banning these firearms or does not understand their function and sporting use, or both.
Please correct them. “Assault weapon” is a political term created by California anti-gun
legislators to ban some semi-automatic rifles there in the 1980s.
 AR-15-style rifles look like military rifles, such as the M-16, but function like other semiautomatic civilian sporting firearms, firing only one round with each pull of the trigger.
 Versions of modern sporting rifles are legal to own in all 50 states, provided the
purchaser passes the mandatory FBI background check required for all retail firearm
purchasers.
 Since the 19th century, civilian sporting rifles have evolved from their military
predecessors. The modern sporting rifle simply follows that tradition.
 These rifles’ accuracy, reliability, ruggedness and versatility serve target shooters and
hunters well. They are true all-weather firearms.
 Chamberings include .22, .223 (5.56 x 45mm), 6.8 SPC, .308, .450 Bushmaster and about
a dozen others. Upper receivers for pistol calibers such as 9 mm, .40, and .45 are
available. There are even .410 shotgun versions.
 These rifles are used for many different types of hunting, from varmint to big game. And
they’re used for target shooting in the national matches.
 AR-15-style rifles are no more powerful than other hunting rifles of the same caliber and
in most cases are chambered in calibers less powerful than common big-game hunting
cartridges like the 30-06 Springfield and .300 Win. Mag.
 The AR-15 platform is modular. Owners like being able to affix different “uppers” (the
barrel and chamber) to the “lower” (the grip, stock).
Source: Modern Sporting Rifle: The Facts • NSSF

Those facts make it seem like an AR-15 is something made to look like a military weapon but really is just a typical hunting/sporting rifle. That’s not true.

While the above are largely facts (there is some opinion mixed in there), they are selective to tell the story they want to tell.

3 Likes

And you will only accept what you want to believe. So there you have it. Have a nice day.

1 Like

I own 6 AR style riffles. I have fired full auto versions the only difference is a selector switch for burst or full auto. But i can fire at a rate my finger can pull which is pretty quick.

Yes, my versions are civilian versions but it is a fine line after legal modifications to the military version of the same weapon.

By the time you finish reading my post i could have emptied a 30 round magazine with my civilian version AR.

6 Likes

What is that opinion based on?

My perception and regardless, one’s opinion is just that and needs no explanation.

If you love guns, how they are portrayed (whether true or not) will not break the spell guns have over you. Everyone will get shot if we live sufficiently long… That’s the way the odds are breaking. :rofl:

It’s not about semantics.

It’s about magazine capacity, rounds per minute, type of ammo, projectile velocity/motion/damage potential. It’s about how many potential people killed at one time is acceptable. We prohibit fully automatics, grenades, canons, bazookas, napalm, flame throwers, etc. (EXCEPT FOR THE MILITARY) for just that reason.

It’s about common sense public safety measures. It’s even more about where you can bring what type of weapon. A private home or gun range is different than a Starbucks or parade down Main Street. Think people carrying at an Alabama-Auburn game. We do have some common sense in this country. We just need to strengthen it just a tad.

It’s not about names of things.

1 Like

Got it. Just interesting to go full opinion (based on no facts) after a post telling us the facts. A bit of a 180.

And, it’s not right. I’ve been known to change my mind based on facts/data, even on this board.

2 Likes

Yes. That’s my issue and they are facts not included above.

1 Like

That number would be 0.

Should be you mean because it certainly doesn’t seem that way

Thank you for that feedback. Agree. It was a spur of the moment thing
and could have been better. Suppose I should have just asked the question.