Pallilo gone from 97.5

What did the Chronicle say about it, the article is behind a pay wall and the paper copy doesn’t feature the article? Anyone know why he’s gone aside from being replaced by Vanessa Richardson and co (in other words, was there any other reason)?

Because he’s lame…

I bet it was great listening to his show after we beat them last year.

1 Like

He talked more Coog basketball than any of the other Radio host combined, including Matt Thomas.

19 Likes

It’s all about the ratings, always

1 Like

They are going to bring in the younger ones, who have no intellect on how to appeal to the older generation. I rarely listen to local radio sports talk anymore, so they can carryon.

4 Likes

Haven’t listened in years but Charlie was by far the most knowledgeable and told it like it is

15 Likes

:100:

If I know Houston it will be two twenty-somethings talking about Tik-Tok.

7 Likes

I didn’t listen to him this year or any other local sports radio. But I listen to CP last year several times bc he would announce on Twitter when CKS was coming on. He had Kelvin on at least 3-4 times during last season .

His fav 2 Sports seem to be College basketball and Pro Baseball which are my top 2 , so I had interest usually in his topics. But like u, it’s been several yrs since I listen to Sports radio locally.

Charlie is the best sportscaster to have ever worked in Houston.

7 Likes

Dumb take

2 Likes

2nd, that Charlie was the best sports broadcaster. i had not listen much to him as he seemed to be on the same time as matt thomas and besides being a coog, MT has the most entertaining show hands down; but charlie was a better sports broadcaster. unfortunately for him that sports radio today is more infotainment than sports radio.

2 Likes

Charlie is great…smh love hearing him talk sports

4 Likes

Tennis was up there as well. He was one of the few that would talk college basketball in this town.

2 Likes

I remember when he got let go from 790 for Josh Innes. Josh never came close to getting CP’s ratings. Very ironic. I wonder if this will be the same case for gow media.

1 Like

Matt Thomas talk about UH? Only time I hear about UH on his show is when his a-hole sidekick trashing us. I love supporting everything Coogs but I can’t stand listening to his show. Get rid of that a-hole sidekick and I’ll listen to MT again.

2 Likes

When was Pallilo on? I listen in afternoon while waiting to pick up grandkids at schools (yeah 2 schools and sometimes 3 if I pick up my 3 year old granddaughter) and in the mornings when taking them to school. I never heard him.

1 Like

I think it was 10 until noon.

1 Like

Yep

I don’t listen to that show. I use few yrs ago some. Why all the swearing or wanting to :laughing::smiley:.

1 Like