Parish

Derek Parish to Jacksonville

Goes from a cougar to a jaguar

36 Likes

Love that DP got drafted. Very deserving and going to a team on the rise.

Next, need G. Owens to get drafted.

9 Likes

5 years from now Parrish will still be in the League.

Print it!!!

(I mean print it for Sukie)

10 Likes

I’m happiest for him. We all knew Tank and Tune would be drafted, but Derek absolutely 100% deserved it. He is going to destroy some offensive linemen. His physique should scare some grown men in the NFL.

10 Likes

Congrats Mr. Parish.

Getting drafted in any round is an unbelievable accomplishment of hard work and dedication to the sport you love.

Make us proud in the NFL. I wanted you on the Texans but at least we get to watch you play live twice per year vs Texans.

I will be rooting for you!

Go Coogs!

6 Likes

How bout a congrats for Momma Parish!

And in the division so she will get to see him play at NRG.

18 Likes

Thank you all so much for your continued support of Derek through all of this crazy ride. His injury, his surgery and this draft process.
Always a Coog❤️
I am just trying to breathe right now!!!

87 Likes

How do the Jags plan to use him?

Congratulations to the young man. As well to all the other Coogs who got drafted. Make us proud.

6 Likes

Mump don’t you work in JAX?

1 Like

I am so happy for him. He will make the Jags a great player and will probably be used on special teams, defense, and fullback. They got 3 players in one! I am happy for the Parish family, I know Twinmom has been sweating this out.

7 Likes

Now a Jaguar :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Congratulations to Derek … and the whole Parish family! :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3: May Derek continue to be blessed with more opportunities to shine.

7 Likes

For me anyway (direct and seemingly unstoppable routes to the quarterback aside :scream_cat::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), sometimes it’s more than just :football: , even if one really really really likes it like Derek does :grinning: in appreciation for representing this university.

On behalf of my alma mater: Congratulations, Twinmom! :tada::champagne::balloon::confetti_ball::pray::clap:t2::raised_hands::point_up_2:and please keep us posted. Your posts are appreciated as well.

12 Likes

He said at FB and special teams

16 Likes

Congrats to Derek!

Well deserved. A special player.

6 Likes

So glad to hear about all of our Cougars who have been drafted…as far as Derek goes I wish him well and appreciate his time as a Cougar. He was the backbone of our defense before the injury and brought so much to the table as a leader and competitor.
I want to wish him and the others good luck in their new careers.
BTW, it will be very interesting to see how Parish is used…I know he could be a really good linebacker but it of course it would take time to make the transition. In the meantime I am thinking he can be a really bad dude on the specialty teams…

6 Likes

I pity the fool who gets in the way of a DP block or tackle.

2 Likes

:100: Yes, indeed! It’s truly wonderful to see all the Cougars that were drafted.

1 Like

No. I am sure there is a joke in there somewhere but I don’t know what it is …