Pitching is the Question

Short synopsis: 7 of 9 key hitters returning. One of nation’s top defenses. Should score runs. Question: all the pitching is gone (probably not a bad thing) and roster filled with mostly JUCO transfers who bring velocity. How will the pitching be? Likely to see pitching by committee vs. fixed weekend rotation.

1 Like

We aren’t dancing without pitching.

3 Likes

Definitely. Will be interesting to see if the high velo JUCO transfers pan out and develop. If they do, could be a great season. If not …

2 Likes

Don’t forget….still have the garbage schedule….gonna need 40 wins minimum……

The thrashing by UT in the fall wasn’t a confidence builder either.

2 Likes

That’s a stretch…

1 Like

I’m really looking for the positives here.

1 Like

Is there even a needle in the haystack?

2 Likes

Go Coogs!

Just Win Baby!

It’s been the question ever since Anderson left to go to Tennessee

2 Likes

Article mentions the Weatherford player that I believe was kicked off the team for tackling a kid rounding 3rd base. Maybe im wrong.

1 Like

So continued to recruit after that incident?

I guess as long as he made amends….everyone deserves a second chance.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/CougarsBeat/status/1605250833255391233?t=-RqXj3Ae926DmN5eF8xsHA&s=19

2 Likes

Maybe that kid would be better playing DB for the Coogs…

1 Like

We turn over our entire pitching staff, don’t make the tourney, and we’re preseason 34?

Wow.

Don’t hold your breath, GOOD BUDDY! I saw US get run beat @UTSA and further FAILURE in CC this weekend. How we were picked preseason to come in second in AAC has to do with smoking weed.

1 Like

I don’t think we are #134 at this point.

2 Likes

Through 8 games, the fewest number of runs this staff has allowed is 5. I was hoping Bunn would make a difference, but so far he’s been a bust. Whitting would have been better off hiring one of his former pitchers who was coached by Frank Anderson.

1 Like

You had to go mention Coach Bunn. Which always prompts me to reply with a bad joke about Man Bunn.

I’m suppressing the impulse

2 Likes

No Funk! Don’t suppress the bad jokes! I need to laugh to keep from crying!

2 Likes

Didn’t we lose our Friday and Saturday night starting pitchers?