[Poll question] Will Marcus Sasser return to UH next season?

I had him coming back on the survey… :grin:

Too many people in his ear

4 Likes

I don’t really buy that. He has two uncles that played in the NBA. I’m sure he is getting sound advice.

1 Like

Did he not already tell us that if he wasn’t a first rounder, he was coming back? I don’t see him going in the first unless a team takes a huge flyer on him. Hopefully agents are not giving him the wrong information.

If he’s thinking of staying in the draft, there is no logical reason for him to drop out of the scrimmages unless he’s hurt. As Pesik pointed out, either an injury or cutting short his opportunities to impress are only going to hurt his chances. I think he’s coming back.

3 Likes

Strange that he is not playing
today. Maybe he got a guarantee from a team.

Just the opposite imo. Apart from an injury, why would he pull out at this point? Little downside to playing and seeing if you raise your stock. That’s the whole reason he is there in the first place.

It is plausible that some team told him they are drafting him and he pulled out so as to not risk injury.

Possibly his foot is sore from playing so much recently so he decided to rest it today…

#hugespeculation

2 Likes

There are no guarantees in his range. Honestly he is a player who needs the right team and situation to make the NBA. He will have to get on a team and battle for his spot. He is just another guy out there in these scrimmages. When he hits his threes he scores 20 and when not isn’t going to fill up the stats much at that level.

We go thru this every year…which is much better than not talking about it (as far a UH BB goes).

How many UH players were actually playing on NBA teams at regular season end ?

Dotson and Grimes ???

I agree here

I think Brooks caught back on with Toronto

2 Likes

I understand where you’re coming from; HOWEVER, we are in an era I would say… since 2020 where our caliber of players are on a different level than typical. If that makes sense?

Why is Rob Gray not in the NBA?

Marcus Sasser is the first of this new era. Jarace, Terrence, Sharp…. We are in a new era

1 Like

Maybe Sharp can transfer from the bench?

Mr Sasser will be back! Renew your season tickets now. :smiley:

3 Likes

7 players were held out of the games today. That included Sasser and Lofton.

I believe it was just a matter of getting minutes for all the players. Andrew Nembhard of Gonzaga is on the same team as Sasser but didn’t play yesterday due to injury. Nembhard ran point today and went off ( 26 pts, 11 ast, 5 reb, 10-18 shooting).

1 Like

It’s crazy before 2016 we never discussed players draft positioning, came good ways

3 Likes

Probably… I was admittedly speculating wildly… :grin:

Selfishly, I hope he’s back next year but best of luck to him either way.

I saw someone on Twitter said “load management” :joy:

He said when he declared the G-League wasn’t an option but if you are a 2nd round pick you are probably playing down there a lot.

I think he stays in the draft but I hope I am wrong.