[Poll question] Will Marcus Sasser return to UH next season?

i honestly thinks he comes back… id honestly put it at 75-25 that he comes back

of the 2 lofton is the one i have real doubts about if he returns … im getting almost hinton vibes from lofton that he is just waiting for a little hope to pull the trigger. like a team showing real interest like dallas did with hinton

7 Likes

This is the truth. Those NBA scouts are dangerous to college basketball players, especially those who
“logically” should go back to college and improve further.

I believe he comes back to win that natty and greatly improve his stock as a 1st rounder. Right now he is projected in the second round but if he does come back and is drafted as a 1st rounder next year you are talking a big difference in payday…millions of dollars!! He comes back.

1 Like

If he does come back, this team would be set to make a deep run in the tourney. He would also greatly improve his draft position.

1 Like

Not going to lose any sleep over this. If he thinks he is ready and can see the dollar signs he could leave.
Personally I think he might be as ready as he ever will be.
Money talks and there are no guarantees he won’t get hurt.
Could be wrong but I’m thinking he will never be a first round pick so now could be his best option. Next man up

1 Like

just a random thought i had…if we did get sasser and lofton

we’d be walking into the season with potential 3 draft picks (1st rd fringe) 2 2nd round guys (sasser & lofton)… and then 3 more players that could get drafted “if” they had high shooting percentages in mark, arcenueax and maybe shead

5 Likes

I can see Jwon Roberts playing at the next level, has a type of explosion you can’t teach. Heat seeking rebound machine

2 Likes

BigMcCoog goes stoic.
+1 having a Spartan approach

2 Likes

feel like the two had to have discussed something about them playing together at UH during this whole process. their paths have crossed and they did drop out “together”…

1 Like

guaranteed… its obvious that our players know he is coming if he comes back… nothing directly with sasser… but our other player started retweeting and reposting a ton of lofton stuff recently … and edwards was extremely close with lofton in the gleague scrimmages

and i didnt want to make a spectacle of this earlier but under one of sheads recent instagram posts, lofton made a joke about maybe being the new dynamic duo with the " :eyes:", but quickly deleted it… (this was before the gleague stock boost) but im pretty sure everyone involved knows whats out there as a possibility

5 Likes

…Jarace Walker?? :flushed:

1 Like

yes walker in currently mocked late 1st round in the too early draft projection on major sites

2 Likes

Oh, that is the unnamed player in your comment.

ESPN has him 14…

1 Like

sassers pro day highlights

3 Likes

I agree and this is pretty true for LOTS of players. And even in the first round this applies for staying in the NBA.

Basically, if you are 6’7" with a good wingspan, can hit 3’s, and can defend on switches, you can play on any team in the NBA with basically any lineup that has a ballhandler. Outside of that, if you aren’t an all-star caliber player (or a potential all-star caliber player), you really have to find the right fit and situation.

To plagiarize and edit a semi-famous political figure . . . . . I am positive that Sasser might play for UH this coming season . . . . .

I agree and the last performance didn’t get him a boost above the 45-55 range in mock drafts.

At this point the only scenario which causes him to leave is if a team straight up told him they’ll use a first rounder to draft him IMO

2 Likes

I doubt they did. He’s not getting great coverage from the combine. But who knows.

1 Like

He’s #7 on NBADRAFTRoom :sneezing_face:

2 Likes

ESPN has him at 14.