Powell to the portal

noteable schools with coaches that have followed powell- Boise, Saint louis, iowa state, UNI so far… with about 40 or so other juco and mid major coaches

1 Like

Would love to see him get PT.

Northern Iowa would make sense. Familiar part of the country. 8 hours away from his High School

Same league as Indiana State, Valpo and Evansville

We will continue to see great talent leaving the program.

A cost of being elite.

1 Like

Like the Purple Aces……would probably be real successful there……then if he plays above that level he could transfer to a bigger conference for a year or two.

1 Like

He’s leaving one of the best programs in the country… No reason to think he can’t get PT at MANY other P5 schools…

4 Likes

I really thought he was a unique talent for our team. When he we signed him, it seemed liked getting big man talent was hard for us. Things have changed, we are getting talented big mem now.
Best of luck to Powell

4 Likes

Feel bad for him, but good for us! Look how far we have come since CKS took over this dumpster fire. Initially he was looking for bodies and settling for players, now, good players are giving us a long look and just look at the depth of our roster!

3 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/KHoops9/status/1563162478116499456

10 Likes

Southern Indiana is a D1 school.

They are in the Ohio Valley Conference (OVC).

Murray State and Belmont used to be in that conference, but jumped ship this off-season.

I think he was homesick more than anything else.

3 Likes

No way… Catch me on Bourbon Street while I’m playing at Tulane if I was in his shoes.

Seems to be a nice young man. I wish him well.

10 Likes

This is their first year of D-1 basketball……He should play……ALOT!!!

Use what he learned here……dominate there for a couple of years and transfer up….he can do it!

6 Likes

Powell is still technically a Freshman, right?

2020-21 = free Covid year

2021-22 = redshirt

Yeah, put up 1-2 years here then transfer to a bigger program for his last 2 years of eligibility

4 Likes

I believe so.

The school he transferred to is not eligible for post season play…. I know they need to play D-1 for a few years first……somebody else probably knows exactly how long a new to D-1 team has to wait.

But yeah, show what he can do for a couple of years and then move up.

1 Like

He’ll find a way. Its hard to keep a smile on your face when you want to play. That’s the biggest example of his self-control. Its much easier to pout and go off on dramatics. He just kept working and supporting the team. All that pays off on the back side.

13 Likes

Good luck Mr. Powell and thank you for supporting the program!

6 Likes

6 Likes

Hard to get admitted this late in plenty of places so options were limited - he’s young - he’ll be in the portal again soon :joy:

2 Likes