Powell to the portal

NExt year fit…and believe in CKS system

Maybe. Is that your guess or is that something Sampson said recently?

No my guess

He only scored a few points but I do know CKS loves his defense

True. Wilson and Bowser have potential. Theyre there for depth pieces or certain matchups.

1 Like

Are you saying Wilson is a project???And nobody on our bench is clearly ahead of anyone else. We have no idea who the first guard off the bench will be, you can make an argument for any of them.

The first guard off of the bench will be Ramon Walker. He may or may not hold onto that spot all season, but the hustle, fearlessness, and tenacity he showed at the end of last year, when he, Taz, and Little E were all we had left, earned him that right.

2 Likes

Everyone has to earn a spot. I wouldn’t be surprised if Walker is first off the bench for guards but you aren’t handed a spot because of what you did last year, nobody hustles more than Roberts and he will probably still come off bench over Jarace. Everyone on our team hustles or they wouldn’t be here. Skill is what’s going to separate the guys off bench. If Ramon shooting improves back to what he was in hs I think he will be first off bench, but TA is the most talented, Sharp is the best offensive player, Wilson is probably the most athletic while being the oldest and most experienced. It’s going to be a battle for PT. We know nothing as of now, until Sampson says something I don’t think anyone is in the lead

1 Like

I’ve been saying all along that UH needed to make a move with Powell when the offseason began. Now it’s too late and they could have added another big…

1 Like

If I were Powell I’d go back close to home and play for a smaller school. Any place to play as fast as possible. He has great talent. He could show out. Who knows, if he were dominant somewhere he might get interest from IU. I know his mom will be proud whatever he does.

12 Likes

Very unfortunate as I had hoped this would be a big year for Powell. Hope nothing but the best for him.

If I had to guess he was probably told earlier but wanted to see if he could earn a spot and he’s now seeing the writing on the wall.

7 Likes

I believe this. Coach seems to be pretty upfront with these guys.

It’s probably common for him to discuss player development and upcoming opportunities to play before he brings in transfers.

All in all, I still thought Powell would have been the type of kid to keep is head down and keep working in quest for a NC.

4 Likes

We have our rotation set that’s why i think Powell decided to transfer. Very odd the timing! But it gives you an example of how talented n good this team is.

4 Likes

More Powell to him. Gotta do what you gotta do, as they say. I hope he lands on his feet and gets to shine.

Have to think we have a talented big coming next year as well … Something made him decide to transfer. Good luck to him.

2 Likes

Sorry for Powell but ready to see Francis!

1 Like

As the program becomes more elite, we can expect more transfers. It’s a good problem to have. Best wishes to Powell.

3 Likes

We already have Tugler coming in, I expect another as well.

1 Like

We have one scholarship left now? Put Ryan on scholarship!!!

1 Like

Powell wasn’t going to play much this season.
Francis is the 4th big and has huge upside. We just went out to get another big for insurance do the clues were there and he figured it out.

1 Like