Prime to Colorado

I hope he does well. I think we missed on the kind of coach we need at UH.

He is part carnival barker, preacher and motivator. Curious what kind of staff he puts together.

1 Like

Yep
we would have gained FAR more than the 19 million we would have had to raise.

2 Likes

Wonder if having Prime in the PAC just gave them new leverage in their TV deal.

Who wouldn’t want to watch him?

Thats the worst P5 team in the country. Getting to a bowl with the previous coach’s players is no small feat.

1 Like

Here is the difference:

Coach Prime: our off-season program is going to make you want to quit. I want those of you that refuse to quit

Coach Herman: you are locked out of the locker room until you earn the right to be in the locker room. You have to prove you want it.

Our Current Coach: i cant coach this sh%t. I’ve tried everything to get through to them. This aint my fault. Etc. Etc.

How could our leaders be so blind?

We would have been lined up perfectly to at least interview Prime if we didn’t give CDH an extension a year before his contract expired. There was enough uncertainty to warrant him proving it in his final year, at least!

15 Likes

https://twitter.com/UnnecRoughness/status/1599505918797836288?s=20&t=bnQvh7SiQJuKucRroE3fBg

Normally I despise daddy ball but HONESTLY Shedeur is better than anybody Colorado has rn.

1 Like

AHAHAHAHAHA PRIME ALREADY FLIPPED ONE OF AGGY’S 5 STAR RECRUITS!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/winstonwatkins_/status/1599449257806680065

10 Likes

Guys
everything that happens at Colorado and with Prime, could have been us
or even more!

Coach Prime is not a surprise. 
he’s been at Jackson State for a few years.

It was only going to take ONE P5 school wirh guts to make it happen.

In addition to Houston, I will be following Colorado because they had the guts to be great!

I still stand by the statement that the best mid tier P5 opportunity for Prime would have been Houston

14 Likes

I was watching the video wondering how much of a polar opposite cdh is compared to this. You nailed it.

Takes me back to the belk comment about going home at 5 and having time outside of football and not working all the time. Prime had me wanting to run through my screen.

6 Likes

Exactly. Houston is a much better fit and everything. Of course anything that makes too much sense isn’t normally done at UH.

4 Likes

Prime won’t be there long. Probably do what Lincoln did in the portal & get them to a bowl & leave for a bigger job.

Yep. And along the way he will have an entire program energized and when he departs it will be in a much better place. That would be terrible.

3 Likes

Yep
you should always seek to hire the best hungry young coach who may do so well with your school, he might bounce, compared to a mediocre re-tread that never reached new heights.

Tilman believes in the opposite- he is missing the forest for the trees on the coaching hires.

2 Likes

A young coach leaving hurts his feelings and ego.

2 Likes

Yeah, worrying about what might happen in a few years if we have success is a weird way to stay afraid.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/BrianHowell33/status/1599549446907645952?t=NLxHO-0N_CC_SI10O-MMUA&s=19

How are you spending money you don’t have? This must be what Pac-12 schools learned from Larry Scott. Maybe they are paying him in Bitcoins.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
https://twitter.com/BrianHowell33/status/1599551116131602432?t=144ngDrz8blyIl9U2yNQ5A&s=19

2 Likes

Staff salaries, facilities and most importantly NIL cash sacks. Will be interesting to see if they can keep it flowing

It ain’t if you go, it’s how you go.

This will end badly for all of amateur (college) football. Coach Prime is a step along the way?

Difference is that Colorado had an opening for a head coach we don’t. Just curious did you offer to payoff Dana’s contract?
That said Prime takes over a great opportunity in Colorado.
Beautiful campus, great fans and alumni.
We know Prime will recruit great athletes so let’s see how he does on the field.
With USC and UCLA bolting to the Big 10 that should make it easier to compete for titles.
I like Prime and hope he does well. I think the key for him will be assembling a great staff.

2 Likes