Protesters blocking the road

Since the mods won’t correct this. Here is what Tom Cotton wrote:
https://twitter.com/TomCottonAR/status/1780039918737121502?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1780039918737121502|twgr^7a82de6d642383739cf8ade8764ba390362dfa5a|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Felectronicintifada.net%2Fblogs%2Fmichael-f-brown%2Fus-senator-recommends-ripping-skin-gaza-protesters
Blocking public highways with ambulances, pregnant mothers, doctors appointments, people rushing to a life changing event have every right to get these illegal/law breaking … and get them out of the way. Tom Cotton never wrote to push them out of a bridge but this antifa johnny’s article wants you to to believe that.
There is a police to protect the population. The population is being taken hostage by a few unlawful radicals again breaking the law.

Verbatim? So what? /s

Again, I heard him say it, verbatim, my damn self, live on Fox News last Monday when Fox had wall to wall live coverage of the protest in San Francisco blocking traffic.

Don’t know how or why that would negate anything quoted. :thinking:

2 Likes

I heard him say it. He said there would be wet protesters in Arkansas. They were on a bridge.

1 Like

That is not what his tweet says Johnny. This is an antifa article right? Enough said.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

@LolNewRoc

Isn’t that the whole point of Ghandian civil disobedience? You break some minor laws in order to get arrested and draw attention to your cause. They should be complaining if they’re NOT arrested.

Here are Tom Cottons own words…
“If something like this happened in Arkansas, on a bridge there, let’s just say I think there’d be a lot of very wet criminals that have been tossed overboard — not by law enforcement, but by the people whose road they’re blocking,” Cotton said.

“And if they glued their hands to a car or the pavement, well, it’d probably be pretty painful to have their skin ripped off, but I think that’s the way we’d handle in Arkansas,” he added.

Once more, I heard it live on Fox News radio XM 114 last Monday.

He not only suggested throwing them off the bridge but a lot worse than that. He called the protesters pro Hamas not pro Palestine. And even worse, painted that protest as Israel/America on one side of the line and only bad guys on the other.

Other sources:

https://subscribe.newsweek.com/product/2

1 Like

What Fox News? Antifa propaganda from that source /s

Correct the point of the non violent political protests like blocking traffic is to get arrested and be a disruption. Disruption is literally the point of a protest.

Even if it’s nicely picketing in front of a building the goal is to be a disruptive nuisance. If it was designed to work around everyone’s schedules it would be called an assembly, or an organized march.

@JohnnyCougar 100% that this lady who is calling for this missed like a hair appointment or plastic surgery appointment.

Mods aren’t here 24/7. We have jobs and stuff. You flagged this an hour ago. Give us time.

1 Like

Agree.

Cotton shouldn’t be saying that. He’s potentially encouraging people to break the law, maybe even to the point of prison time. He wasn’t clear at all in his intent and left a lot up to interpretation. Reckless comment to say the least.

I understand his frustration and don’t like what the protestors are doing either. But he has to be better than that.

2 Likes

But the post should stay as Cotton doubled down on his comments, about throwing them off the bridge.

@92010Coogs doesn’t get to flag and ask for truthful posts he doesn’t like to be removed.

It was the source for me. Whether right or not in this case, let’s not use sources like that. Find it in a more mainstream site.

Nothing good will come from people using those kinds of sources on this board.

Trust me I reject plenty of flags when they don’t make sense.

1 Like

Correct what exactly?!

I didn’t say anything about correcting.

If you’re asking about your post, I addressed right above.

I know you weren’t the who had a problem that needed correcting.

How horrible of a person do you have to be to think It’s okay to run over somebody because they’re making you late?

I’m not sure what that means. When stuff is flagged, I look to see if the flag makes sense.

And I reject a lot of them. In this case, I agreed for a different reason than the flagger intended.

1 Like

But contemplating the thought of murdering people…That’s perfectly fine?