Quad 1

7-3 in quad 1. I don’t thin in The last 2 years total that we player 10 quad 1 teams during the season. We still have 6 or 7 chances at more. We may play 17 quad 1 games. 4 of those will be at home.

This is why sometimes I walk away from the tv during opponents runs but I leave my phone on the coffee table. We legitimately will probably have 10+ quad 1 wins in year one of the big 12.

ISWT

9 Likes

Last season we played 8 Quad 1 games in the regular season. The season before we played 5. Tournaments included we played 11 last season and 10 the season before that

3 Likes

We have yet to play a single Q1 home game. Our first will be vs ISU in 2 games, and the only other one will be the last game of the season vs KU.

UT (33) and Cincy (34) could end up being Q1 home games too.

1 Like

Interesting stat on Q2-4 games

4 Likes

The days of rooting for an opponent to win extra games so that they slide into a Q1 game are over hopefully.

9 Likes

One of UCONN’s losses must have gotten downgraded. I think they lost to Seton Hall

1 Like

This is what our remaining schedule is so its safe to say thats over imo.

Having 3 of Utah/Aggies/Xavier/Dayton end up as Quad 1 is gravy

3 Likes

We have a hard schedule

3 Likes

Cincy needs to beat Iowa State this week!

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1757108249407471699?t=L7K5llY64DvVuA8sIAy3bw&s=19

4 of last 7 are against ranked teams. BIG12 TOUGH!

3 Likes

Yup Seton Hall is right at the cutoff (#76).

The schedule is incredibly hard.

Big 12 Basketball truly is nuts, the Premier League of College Hoops.

And then we add Arizona next year lol.

8 Likes

Checking out the standings on espn.com and we’ve only played 3 ranked teams, going 2-1. That’s the lowest in the B12. Just an observation. Other schools have played 5-8.

ISU, OU, Baylor and Kansas will change that in the coming weeks. We beat Dayton before they were ranked, atm the week after they fell out.

2 Likes

Tech throttling Kansas will push them close to being a Q1 game for us

1 Like

And largely meaningless when we lead the league in Q1 games played with 10.

2 Likes

Well it hurts that we don’t get any games against ourselves lol

4 Likes

7-3 in those and a good chance 6 of our last 7 also end up being considered Quad 1 according to this :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

We are extremely well-positioned and it’s all there for the taking.

1 Like

Iowa St is in the driver’s seat for the reg season championship. Not sure how the committee is going to look at the Big 12 if we are ranked higher in metrics and NET but lose the reg season. It might come down to who makes a deeper run in the tourney, but we lock up at least a 2 seed if we finish the reg season 4-3.

12-6 or 13-5 looks like the end result, which is phenomenal if you ask me. We transitioned from the 9th ranked conference to the 1st ranked conference and will have held serve.

Go Coogs