Quad 1

We went 13-3 in Quad 1 this season with the most wins by 2 (UConn and Purdue were 11-3 each). Interestingly as well we had the 2nd most quad 1 games played total with 16. Without looking it up, any guesses who had the most quad 1 games with 17? If it helps at all they went 9-8 in those games…

4 Likes

Yeah, but we have rigged the system so the Quad wins are not really that relevant.

9 Likes

Purdue will probably get the overall #1 seed it’s probably already set these conference tournaments usually have zero bearing on bracket’s except for strange auto qualifiers and last minute seeding

4 Likes

Agreed. We are actually 1-6 in Quad 1 if you account for all the rigging going on

8 Likes

Sorry, I had to look it up. I thought it was going to be Kansas, but nope.

Would have been my guess too

But then we’d have more quality losses, and that’s even better than wins in some eyes.

4 Likes

If it’s not Kansas then it has to be Baylor because those two had the toughest non-conference slates in the league. Unless it’s not a Big 12 team? But I kind of doubt that.

1 Like

Yeah, after you cut through all the rigged BS the Big 12 pulled with their soft NonCon schedules; we’re essentially a play in team.

That why Xavier is a sneaky 2 seed in the tourney.

1 Like

AAC: Ranked #1… yeah, but who have you played.
Big12: Ranked #1… yeah, but you rigged the system.
NCAA: Win Tournament… yeah, but let’s see you do it again…

12 Likes

the double standards some have about net is hilarious…

it feels like was just 2 weeks ago everyone was accusing gonzaga, michigan state, auburn and the big 12 for metric manipulation and now all of a sudden its gospel after what happened sunday afternoon lol

2 Likes

Purdue is better because they have more wins vs top 15 quad 1. I must have missed when they introduced quad 0.

3 Likes

I’d say there is some validity to the Big 12’s NET being inflated when looking at the middle of the league. I’d say Baylor, ISU, and Houston are legit. KU beat some dawgs in NonCon but early in the season and that is propping them up a bit.

I really can’t tell you if Tech, BYU, and Texas are really 15-30 spots better than Seton Hall, Northwestern, and Virginia.

Torvik uses Q1A and that is a good metric to sift through the quality of your Q1 wins. Purdue’s resume is better when it comes to quality of opponents in Q1 over us. Just two weeks ago, we had 3 wins fall off in one afternoon from Q1 after beating Baylor. Purdue has t had that problem.

1 Like

Q1A has been something the committee has used for awhile now.

Bingo. Baylor is the answer

But all of their losses are worse than our worst loss. Don’t know why that doesn’t matter

3 Likes

Weirdly Dupaul (along with a myriad of other teams) had 15. However they were 0-15 in those games :joy:

You scooped the CBS Sports article on this today.
Well done. They read Coog Fans ?

https://247sports.com/longformarticle/march-madness-2024-ranking-college-basketball-teams-with-most-quad-1-wins-228541899/#2384047

2 Likes