Quad 1

It does. That is why we’re number one in NET and Torvik and KenPom, but we’re second in KPI, SOR, and overall resume.

It’s really close but the committee is going to lean Purdue for those Q1a wins and their losses not being that far off from ours. Ohio St’s loss looks a lot better than it did after they closed season winning 5 of 6. They moved up to 52 in net when they were hovering at the cutoff line at 72 when they beat Purdue.

It doesn’t matter. We get the 1 seed in the south regardless of this week and Purdue gets the Midwest. UConn gets New York while Arizona, Tennessee, and UNC fight it out over the #1 seed in the West.

1 Like

"Purdue for those Q1a wins and their losses not being that far off from ours. "

Agree with everyting except the bolded. They are more than double worse than our losses NET wise. UH avg NET loss, 22, Purdue 47. Purdue’s avg NET win is a good bit better than UH, 79-101, and that is with our avg NET win of 101 being 3rd best in the nation behind Purdue’s and AZ (97).

3 Likes

Only got it because Kansas was already off the board lol

Yeah, our QLs are better than Purdue’s. I just think the committee leans more into QWs over the losses when evaluating the entire resume of overall 1 seed.

And to Purdue’s credit, they had a better NonCon than us with Marquette, Gonzaga, and Tennessee in consecutive games. That is quite the gauntlet.

1 Like

As it stands now, TCU was 40 in the NET going into the OU game will be Quad 1 game on a neutral court tomorrow.

So potentially three more Quad 1 games for the Coogs, who currently stand at 13-3 vs. Quad 1.

No one has won more Quad 1 games. Purdue and UConn are 11-3. Only Baylor has played more Quad 1 games (9-8 overall).

Tech and A&M are the most vulnerable Quad 1 wins, followed by Texas, Xavier and UCF.

Top 75 away
64 Xavier - won today against Butler, plays UConn, Creighton or Marquette tomorrow
60 UCF - lost today vs BYU
43 Cincy
42 OU
40 TCU
25 Texas
18 Kansas
14 Baylor
12 BYU
9 Iowa St

Top 50 neutral
47 A&M - plays Ole Miss tomorrow
21 Dayton

Top 30 home
30 Texas Tech - plays BYU tomorrow
25 Texas - plays Kansas St today
18 Kansas
9 Iowa St

The neutral win vs 52 Utah might get bumped into Quad 1. They play Arizona St tonight and need to win.

The home win vs 43 Cincy probably will not rise to Quad 1 (Top 30). Maybe if they beat Kansas, Baylor and Iowa St.

2 Likes

Maui Invitational was loaded this year which is where Purdue got those wins.

Also, while Gonzaga is 17 in the NET I am not sure how good a win that was. Zags have just two top 50 wins; Kentucky and St Mary’s who they lost twice to.

Kansas is 18 in the NET. They have 3 top 5 wins and ten top 50.

1 Like

Q1a is the new Q1. Next year it will be wins against B1G

3 Likes

They’ll tell you at the end of the year who you should have played.

3 Likes

Updated NET

The away games look pretty safe.

Utah’s big win over Arizona St moved them into Quad 1 at 48. So we are now 14-3 vs Q1. However, the neutral wins vs Utah and A&M are vulnerable.

So is the home win vs 29 Tech. Texas finished their season and is currently 28th. The home Horn win might slip if others move into the Top 30.

On that score, Cincy moved from 43 to 34 with a drubbing of Kansas. They might move into the Top 30 with a win over Baylor today.

Top 75 away
63 Xavier - plays UConn today
60 UCF
44 OU
41 TCU - plays Houston today
34 Cincy - plays Baylor today
28 Texas
21 Kansas
14 Baylor - plays Cincy today
12 BYU - plays Tech today
9 Iowa St - plays Kansas St today

Top 50 neutral
48 Utah - plays Colorado today
47 A&M - plays Ole Miss today
21 Dayton - plays Duquesne today

Top 30 home
29 Texas Tech - plays BYU today
28 Texas
21 Kansas
9 Iowa St - plays Kansas St today

1 Like

Isn’t this irrelevant if the committee has set the 1’s?

3 Likes

If that tweet is true that Hill dropped, then yes.

Kind of surprised the 4th #1 is set already.

2 Likes

1 Like

The answer to this is now different this morning. :grin:

2 Likes

I mean, we now tie with Baylor at 17

I wonder what it will be tomorrow?

Cincinnati couldn’t even see the bubble a week ago but if they made the final and lost they may have a shot at an at-large.

Art

7 Likes

Why does the official NET site say 14-3 in Quad 1 and 4-0 Quad 2? Where is the discrepancy?

Utah lost yesterday so they moved down to Quad 2. Fifty and under for a neutral game is Quad 1.

1 Like

UConn really loaded up on Quad 4 games, didn’t they? :wink:

And if anyone has gamed the Net is Auburn. I’m sure it’s been discussed at length but I don’t understand how that’s a Top 10 record considering their Quad 1 record.

5 Likes