Quentin Grimes

Im with you on this. The rockets are still trying to figure out there culture so I’m glad he wasn’t taken by them.

1 Like

Rockets are also trying to shoot for the highest ceiling

1 Like

Yep then all the experts on the board here would have complained and belittle the coaching staff every time the guy in front of Grimes had a bad game

1 Like

@Kmoney

Isn’t that all Teams goals?

Or the ones that say or act like they haven’t watched an NBA gm since Bob Cousy was dribbling the ball, start chiming in. :grin::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Lol

1 Like

oh sorry about that was looking at the Rockets at #23 and didn’t even see LA traded him.

I like him on the Knicks even more. Huge spotlight and he’ll have a ton of initial support from those diehards

1 Like

Most of the time,but some teams would rather draft safe. Especially if you are a contender. You might not want to take a risk or take on a project. A guy like grimes you know he will be a good pro, but probably not all star level. A lot of guys you think, if we can get him right he can be an all star. But they are currently worse than other guys in the draft.

Just missed end of Cousy career by abt 5 yrs. As young kid there was 1 gm/week on ABC on Sunday around noon, maybe double header at times. Watched Hal Grier, Havlichek, etc during my pre-teens.

Np James. Not a biggie whatsoever.

Ok. You confused me even more w/ the follow up response. But nvm anyway.

Some players have really high ceilings but lower floors, some players have really high floors but lower ceilings(which is how a lot of people view grimes). A lot of teams will go with the safe option, especially late in the draft for contending teams. Trying to find guys like Grayson Allen or Dillion Brooks who can help a team out with depth. You know they will probably be decent players for a long time and usually are more pro ready. But probably not going to be all stars. Other teams like us who are starting from the bottom will usually tend to draft the player with the highest ceiling and shoot for the starts, that could lead to a bust, but if it works out you get a stud. Just usually aren’t the more sure fire option. That’s the best way I can put it lol

1 Like

Oof yah the whole higher ceiling lower floor thing isn’t going to connect with Jess

1 Like

Well nvm then :joy: I explained it the best I could. It’s just hard to understand if u don’t keep up heavily with drafting

Kmoney, you’re trying to hard. Really, that’s why I said you didn’t need to explain your post at all. As I mentioned b4, been following Basketball Pro/College as close as one can for 50+ yrs , so I think I’m good on what the Rockets need/should do. It’s not that deep in scheme of things.

:laughing::grin::joy:. All I know is the ceiling is the Roof!!!

Trying to figure out up/down.

Nothing I said was deep. Literally all the scouts use it. Everyone uses it. It’s not hard to grasp. nobody is trying anything. :joy::joy: if you don’t get it that’s fine.

Stoppppp. :upside_down_face::grin:

1 Like

You act as if I’m saying something new or I Invented the floor and ceiling terminology. Lol you better get familiar with it, because people are only using it more and more these days. Got to get with the time