Quotes from BoR Meeting on Athletics

We’ll probably do fine next year and most people here will look like nincompoops. The same thing happened last year. We had the same types of threads until we finished 12-2.

6 Likes

Don’t forget we lost to Tulane and Tulsa and barely squeaked a win against Temple. ………………@ HOME !!!

Coaching……defensive !!

2 Likes

I don’t expect 10 wins off the bat in the Big 12……but I did this year with the soft schedule….

And I know you were being sarcastic but yes, the head coach is in charge of the football program……so when we get the sh!t show we had this year most all of it does fall on the head coach……if you don’t understand that , then you don’t know football.

Same way in high school, same way in the NFL……the team takes on the culture established by the head coach……I don’t blame the players….

How should players act and feel when the coaches quit for the last quarter and a half of the Kansas game? When we face adversity let’s wave the white flag :white_flag: and bend over in our own stadium……so I’ll match your sarcasm——-boy o’ boy I’m ecstatic Dana is leading us into the Big 12.

3 Likes

Does this mean we are doing more corporate ticket sales per the main post?

You’re right. In hindsight, I probably should not have compared the entire conferences to each other. I just didn’t see a tremendous gap between the Big XII teams and the UH team as far as competitiveness to the point where I think UH would have finished with no wins or at the bottom. Each week is different – hard to explain UH whipping ECU at their place and then losing to Tulsa at TDECU.

trying to say the Big 12 is similar to the AAC is just downright silly if for no other reason than the bottom of the Big 12 is light years better than the bottom of the AAC. CDH has beaten bottom half of AAC type teams here but not so much top half of AAC teams and Big 12 teams. The problem is the teams Dana has almost always lost to here are almost exclusively who we will face starting next year. With no huge magical jump in recruiting there is NO evidence or reason to believe we will win more than 4 games next year. I’ll be the first to eat crow if I’m wrong!

1 Like

What EVIDENCE points to that possibly being the case? The only one I can think of is if Alton actually comes back (doesn’t transfer), stays healthy and looks like an All American. Other than that, not much I can think of…I can think of a bunch of evidence pointing the opposite direction though.

1 Like

We need to “understand that it won’t be easy.”

Who in their right mind would ever think winning is easy with Dana and Belk? I mean 10 TDs were scored on us in one game. I’m damn sure not thinking it will be easy.

7 Likes

Clearly our BOR has Dana’s back.

Thus he is here for the foreseeable future.

Our problem is recruiting, Has been for over 30 years.

Does joining The Big 12 solve that problem? This issue began when we were in The SWC. The conference,itself, did not fix the issue.

The BOR needs to do a thorough, honest analysis of what problems exist on our Campus that leads to recruiting failures.

They have authorized hundreds of $millions in spending, only to create the 7-5 product we had this season,

In the past 38 seasons we have 3 Conference Titles. This poor performance has created our Fan apathy.

3 Likes

One of the things I heard is that we lost out on a number of p5 transfers because many of them did not want to transfer to a G5 or transfer to a G5 and wait until they moved to a P5. They wanted to transfer to a P5 AND play immediately in a P5 conference. We could not offer that. We’ll see if we land some big difference makers in the portal now that we will be P5

4 Likes

Tulane beat one of the B12 championship teams on their own field.

4 Likes

If we had a fan board back then, I wonder what the posters would have been saying after the 1975 season when we went 2-8 and were looking forward to going into the SWC the next year.

Some people seem to give up before the battle. If the revolutionists had the same attitude as some of our fans , we would still be under British rule.

5 Likes

nah, we aren’t giving up fighting we just want a new general leading us. The Union could’ve stayed with their generals to their detriment but pivoted to Grant and the rest is history.

7 Likes

Our athletes looked small and slow against Kansas.

We are going to get our heads handed to us because we have been recruiting horribly.

I think all the AAC teams going into the Big 12 will struggle. It is why Fickle left.

3 Likes

They are also saying we need to start acting like a p5 fanbase starting next yr. They will sell tickets wherever they can even if it means to opposing teams and corporate. I’m thinking generally, we get the 3 out of conference wins then try and win half our conf games and go bowling in most yrs. We need to accept that and show up as p5 fans. The big 12 is going to be tough like the sec and Big10 so we can’t have a mentality of 10 and 2 then I’ll show up. This is prob why they are doing this to work around our not being a p5 fanbase yet. We need to treat football as p5 fans like miss st does or most , otherwise, they have a work around until then. I really don’t care who shows up as long as the stadium is mostly full.

Treat it like the event it is like p5 fans do

Otherwise would we rather be 11 and 1 in Cusa then you’ll show up? I’d rather what we’re going into than that because 8 and 4 or 7 and 5 in p5 is better than that hard cheese.

1 Like

They are right on that at least in the short term (first year or 2 in the Big 12). Initially our Big 12 goal needs to be bowl eligibility and then we will go from there in the future.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Tilman is still in the first stage of denial.

Stage 1: Denial

Grief is an overwhelming emotion. It’s not unusual to respond to the strong and often sudden feelings by pretending the loss or change isn’t happening.

Denying it gives you time to more gradually absorb the news and begin to process it. This is a common defense mechanism and helps numb you to the intensity of the situation.

3 Likes

Yezman is not the AD we hoped he would be. Argh… He is probably walking Holgorsen’s dog as we speak.

7 Likes