Regents Approve Football Ops Bldg

Should have gone for the full 100million budget and planned for expansion in the future. The building should have enough to budget the wow factor and added better training room and better weights and machines that track performance. Then left spaces for other future expansion. Based on need.

If it starts in the summer of 2023 and is completed by the end of 2024……. That is 18 months, not 30.

I think 18 months is more realistic.

I see adults on the mini field, my pre-determined shame of playing two hand touch in a group of drunk adults has vanished! “but its for the kids they say”…

1 Like

Somebody didn’t do well in math.
:rofl:

1 Like

I’m glad you caught that. I was like uhhh how can it be done by 2024 if it’s 30 months.

1 Like

Better quality photo (click to embiggen) — Is UH backwards (HU) on red sweatshirt center-left?

6 Likes

I really like this design but I think it’s just a conceptual rendering of what it could be.

Maybe he means 30 months from now that would include about 6 months of designing it.

2 Likes

Looks like there was also the approval of the new hobby academic building and the new innovation hub to replace the tech annex.

board of regents meeting: Public Meeting Agenda: February 24, 2022 at 2:45 PM - Board of Regents Meeting - BoardBook Premier

Construction and master planning committee meeting: Public Meeting Agenda: February 24, 2022 at 1:00 PM - Facilities, Construction and Master Planning Committee Meeting - BoardBook Premier

6 Likes

lol embiggen lol.

2 Likes

students using it for a little recreation when there is no game. great idea.

2 Likes

This is great; another step in making the Coogs a premier team.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/rob_sellers_/status/1497032602313711619?s=21

8 Likes

That little football field to the side will be fun for kids and some adults.

4 Likes

It looks like the gap in the northwest corner of the stadium gets filled in with VIP seating and luxury boxes.

4 Likes

Sure does

So this may slightly increase stadium seating ( 100+ seats ? )

Actually looks like loge type boxes too over the west endzone with awning type coves , or maybe that’s just the exterior facade of the stadium.

“Grandpa! Tell us again the story of the day the UH Board of Regents approved the Football Operations Building!”

“It was a cold and misty February day, the sky was a dull pewter. Smoke was in the air from the fires at NRG Park…”

15 Likes

Boxes and a club and doing what Louisville did with covered party areas on top concourse. I dig it.

10 Likes

I think part off that will be a recruiting lounge

1 Like