Regents Approve Football Ops Bldg

World War III was in its first day…

5 Likes

I would love it if they were Condos…:+1::smiley:

2 Likes

Maybe give or take a year. Could have been a type-o.

30 months seems like a long time.

That looks awesome. I still say they should bring back their original plans of the exterior lighting on the outer facade of the stadium.

7 Likes

The $100 million amount is what Athletics plan to raise in the current fundraising campaign ($ 600 million total), including $ 100 million for the medical school, and a $ 100 million for faculty endowed chairs).

There is a never ending cycle of fund raising and solicitations it seems. Hard to keep up with them all.
Seems like only yesterday it was the “Here We Go”
campaign that came in at over 1.2 billion. $600 million isn’t exactly chump change either.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s great we can have these types
of fund raising efforts. It seems like we went decades when we did very little on this front.

Aw man… future Coogs are still playing memphis

11 Likes

No, that’s Kansas.
:wink:

7 Likes

No clearly it’s Boise!

1 Like

Boise State nor Memphis is getting into the Big12.
:wink:

A sold out crowd against Kansas?!? I’ll take that. :joy:

12 Likes

Kind of on/off topic, with the extra space in the AAC any chance of adding a wrestling program? Doesn’t seem like it would be an expensive program to add.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again.

Add wrestling and women’s gymnastics!

Apparently the cheerleaders will also be running through the packed stands with the H-O-U-S-T-O-N flags.

1 Like

Simone Biles has even said multiple times she would love to be a gymnastics coach at UH.

6 Likes

With America’s second most decorated gymnast (Shannon Miller) as an alum, America’s most decorated gymnast (Simone Biles) as a potential coach, a huge trove of local gymnastics talent in the area, and no in-state Division I competition other than Texas Women’s University…UH would be STUPID not to build a team in that sport.

DO IT!!!

Just listen to Shannon herself (who, BTW, still looks GREAT as a forty-something mother of two and ovarian cancer survivor)!!!

https://twitter.com/shannonmiller96/status/1018911423496216577

11 Likes

Me too - very cool!

I hope there will be more elevators up to the 2nd and 3rd levels.

Will the 200 and 300 level concourses now connect?

Those people won’t get much shade, but will have a nice SE breeze in their face.

1 Like

Aren’t those going to be coaches offices on top and maybe a lounge at the bottom. Why would they put an awning facing east… :sweat::unamused:

Due to Title IX when we add a sport it will have to be a women’s sport. To add a men’s sport we will have to add 2 women’s sports.

1 Like

Then let’s either a) add JUST women’s gymnastics, OR b) add wrestling on the men’s side, and women’s gymnastics and women’s lacrosse on the women’s.

All could be added without having to build another dedicated facility, and there is plenty of local talent to support recruiting in all three!!!

Ice Hockey, by contrast, would be one of the hardest sports to add, as it would require building and maintaining an expensive ice rink, etc., in all likelihood.

As I said, even B1G Illinois hasn’t been able to move forward on that!

1 Like