Regents Approve Football Ops Bldg

If l was CDH, I would want my office on the opposite side of the building so I would have a view of the Houston skyline. Most schools do not have impressive skylines like Houston. Their view would be the cow pasture.
:rofl:

1 Like

I was thinking we could add field hockey for the women and use the Princeton model ( Lia Whatshername) for recruiting. Should be able to win a Natty pretty quickly. :wink:

I doubt it. If that is a club box area, they are not going to let common peasants walk through that area.
:smile:

Gymnastics in the Houston area is a natural fit. Several big feeder gyms in Sugarland area where kids workout year round. With the big time Olympians and Olympic coaches in Houston area, could field a good team. OU sets the bar in current B12.

6 Likes

LOL!!! Field hockey could indeed be added without adding any significant infrastructure
BUT
I can’t say that I know of many high schools in the Houston area other than the St. John’s and Kinkaids of this world where it’s a big sport!

That said
Central Michigan has field hockey as a varsity women’s sport, so I suppose anything is possible!

Women’s gymnastics should get top priority though!

1 Like

I like those red awnings over the west end zone. Adds some color. Place looks like a prison yard at times.

I’d love to see us get a nice brick façade on the outside one day.

2 Likes

Brick?? It would really look like a prison if that happened especially with the white/gray color scheme across campus.
:wink:

Some bold, brick exterior structures like TCU

1 Like

I was just kidding with you. I’m sure a brick veneer would look great.

The mesh let’s the wind flow, I’d keep the mesh

5 Likes

Wrestling and gymnastics would be good choices. Minimal uniform costs.

1 Like

I would support adding women gymnastics.

Anybody know the costs ? Team of 6-8, coaches, some travel , and minimal equipment costs. 1-2 million / yr. ?
Should be about the same cost as golf team or tennis
teams, if someone knows our costs for those.

women’s gymnastics, wrestling, and women’s lacrosse would each have a head coach and maybe a few assistants.

For equipment, you’d have to buy the wrestling mats, and the gymnastics apparatus and padding.

Women’s lacrosse could use our existing soccer field, and most girls will have their own lacrosse sticks; we could perhaps provide eye protection and mouth guards.

Beyond that, it’s just uniforms.

Its a shame we went away from our Art Deco roots.

Imagine if we implemented design standards that all buildings were to be designed in that style- we would have one of the most charming and unique campuses in the country.

7 Likes

Women’s beach vollyball

7 Likes

Looking at UH athletics page, looks we have 6 men’s sports and 9 women’s sports.

Would we still have to add a women’s sport if we added wrestling since we already have more ?

This has to be the least expensive college sport. This sport could pay for itself. All you need is to bring in some sand and a volleyball net. You need very little material for uniforms so thats a big savings.

Maybe 4 or 5 girls and one coach or use the top girls from the volleyball team. It saves on scholarships. Track and field indoors and outdoors use the same athletes. It’s a win win situation.

Edit: Apparently I know nothing about the intricacies of beach volleyball but it seems you would have about 15 girls and 3 coaches that participates in weekend tournaments at different schools.

3 Likes

How do I get on the season ticket waiting list for women’s beach volleyball?

2 Likes

I proposed that 2 years ago.

1 Like