Regents Approve Football Ops Bldg

Answer: The Big 12 doesn’t sponsor men’s soccer.

But in WRESTLING……it’s a big time conference.

Wrestling would be a natural fit for the Big 12.

Men’s soccer would have to find another conference. Not worth the trouble.

Just no.

2 Likes

Soccer would be a nice addition but need to go with what the big 12 schools have.

I wonder if they took my suggestion for adding Loges around the concourse area?

Lodges?

Who here would go watch a college wrestling match? I highly doubt many people would be interested that.

1 Like

men’s tennis and swimming along with women’s gymnastics. I had a tailgate friend back at Robertson tell me that he’d gone to UH on a tennis scholarship and at one time they were a powerhouse.

2 Likes

I would.

I was a high school wrestler.

It doesn’t make a lot of sense to be in the Big 12, a conference that includes the bluest wrestling blue blood, Okie State, and other blue bloods like Iowa State, and not field a team.

2 Likes

Again, it has to be either a) just a women’s sport, or b) two women’s sports and a men’s sport.

I wouldn’t recommend men’s tennis because the current Big 12 only has three teams in that sport; not sure if the new schools do.

I think fans overlook the great training wrestling is for lineman. It teaches balance, footwork, and how to control the opponent .
Go Coogs !

3 Likes

My grandson who will be playing football for Brown Univ. next year is on track to win more wrestling matches for SJHS than anyone in their history. I have seen how working out and wrestling has restructured his body. I believe wrestling is great preparation for football regardless of the position you play.

4 Likes

Does anybody know where they are going to move the RV tailgating lot?

How about we focus on improving our women’s basketball, volleyball, and soccer teams and men’s baseball and golf.

For new sports, gymnastics seems the logical first add

Good take on it I didn’t consider; as long as it doesn’t lead to more holding calls, may be some
real synergy there.

When I played high school football, we had a wrestling type offseason drill.

We would loosely tie a long sock around our ankle the goal would be to remove it from your opponent while on a wrestling mat.

It was a great drill but unfortunately we had a player break his arm trying to get his opponent’s sock off.

Of the remaining B12 schools only OkSt, IwSt & WV have wrestling. No to wrestling.

Just no.

2 Likes

We’re all going to have our opinion and I respect yours as a fellow Coog. I just think gymnastics and men’s swimming would be more practical here.

You are forgetting that the Big 12 also has EIGHT affiliate members in wrestling, including Mizzou (often in the Top Ten), Northern Iowa (often top 25), SDSU (often Top 25), Air Force, and others.

Okie State and Iowa State have both won MANY national titles.

The Big 12 is considered a top wrestling conference.

5 Likes

According to this poll, SIX of the Top 25 wrestling teams are big 12 teams, and a seventh is receiving votes.

Even without OU they have five in the Top 25.

Only the B1G is better in that sport.

I’m also guessing that OU, like Mizzou, will remain a Big 12 team in wrestling.

The SEC doesn’t sponsor that sport.

Renderings from UH means building won’t look like that in the end. Another budget blunder like med school.

1 Like