Regional Sites

ECU gets to host. Good for them.

Regional Sites

7 Likes

Georgia Southern…… Wow

ECU moved up enough to possibly be a national seed, #8. I doubt they will be though.

Georgia Southern is #11 so I think they deserve to host. I like to see the little guys rewarded.

#17 Southern Miss, #18 Louisville, #22 txamcs host.
#6 Wake Forest, #7 Vanderbilt, #13 Notre Dame denied.
Geographical consideration I guess, but WF’s & Vanderbilt’s RPI’s are good enough for them to be national seeds. Reminds me of us in 2002.

2 Likes

Damn. Remember when we used to be that good? Pepperidge Farm remembers. :sob:

4 Likes

ECU makes Natl seed. #8. Will Host Supers if they win Regional.

Good for them.

4 Likes

Unless they get matched with Texas…lol

2 Likes

The ability to buy home field without earning it on field is BS. Either make it earned or make it neutral IMO.

1 Like

Texas St. is gonna take the Stanford regional.

Sure was nice not having to sweat out an NCAA bid this morning. :crazy_face:

7 Likes

UTSA got screwed……#38 in RPI

They had 11 wins against top 25 teams….and 4 wins against National seeds……and not even in “first four out”?!

Almost every projected bracket I saw had them as a #3 seed.

Grand Canyon??? Give me a break.

I assume with an RPI of 79, the Coogs are on the outside looking in.

Am I wrong?

Your assumption is correct.

We were in the next four,next four, next four, next four, next four, next four, next four, next four, next four four, next four, next four out.

But could have been higher if not for some bid stealers.

4 Likes

That made me LOL.

A little “gallows humor” UH Baseball style…

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. But, if we just listed to Todd “The Emporer Has No Clothes” Whitting, the park is packed every night and we are going in the right direction.

Go Coogs… Next year…

1 Like

If you don’t buy ypur season tickets now, you won’t stand a chance of getting in Schroeder next season. That’s how packed it has been and looks so going forward. You can say you were there when we buttstomp Western Carolina.

2 Likes

An RPI rank around 40 would put you on the bubble.

IN: # 50 GCU, # 48 UCLA, # 45 Tx Tech, # 41 Ark.
OUT: # 33 NC St, # 34 Clemson, # 35 Wofford, # 37 UTSA

GCU is a head scratcher. 7-5 vs Q1 teams including 1-1 vs OR ST & Stanford. I guess that’s what got them in, but that RPI…

2 Likes

They are. At least ECU hosts the super if they win their regional.

ECU has a good shot to advance. Football is the only sport in which the P5 elite have a built-in advantage, because of the size of the rosters requiring huge and fast humans.

And FWIW the stadium at ECU -whatever they call it… will be rocking n jam packed. Definitely have a Home field adv. Coach Godwin has built an excellent Baseball program there.

1 Like

So, I played college baseball, but that was when only 48 teams got in and I don’t think RPI was even a thing…why don’t they just use RPI to fill out the at large spots after all the auto bids are filled? RPI seems like a pretty objective way to determine that.

1 Like