Rice wants to prove its best in Houston

Tune essentially won the UTSA game by running…the Roadrunners had no answer for it.

Does the 17 carries for 33 yards figure in lost yardage on sacks?

We will lose this game. Our players and coaches all seem checked out. Not sure why or might have happened. And yes, I’ll be there regardless.

Season has a long way to go, bet they looked checked in sooner or later

Houston wont lose this one.

You call this Rice!?
IT’S RAW! IT’S SHITE!
GET OUT!

3 Likes

Just out of curiosity, do you spend any time on actual WVU boards? Or just Houston? And why?

1 Like

Yes, i frequent several WVU fan pages on Facebook and one 247 site. I came to this board initially last year when i was figuring Houston into my realignment theories…that was rekindled a bit this summer with the USC/UCLA news and honestly this board has what i believe to be the most informative realignment thread ive found yet. Now realignment might have been the dish that brought me to the table, but you folks seem like a pretty decent bunch of football fans and i enjoy talking with you guys too.

Oh, one other thing i can get on your board that i cant get on a WVU site…i can read more than 3 posts without having some idiot yap about how Brown should be fired or should never have been hired…its not that im convinced Brown is a great coach and maybe we will have to fire him at some point, but right now i dont feel we have enough data to judge his performance with a roster with talent and experience.

10 Likes

You are welcome here.

It’ll be fun to start playing WVu in Big 12 action. I hope that we can be competitive. Could be a rough start next year.

4 Likes

I really look forward to seeing a new rivalry develop…i think we’ll all have a blast with it, and im excited to have you folks to Morgantown for some tailgating.

But you can read every third post about Holgorsen needing to be fired here.

3 Likes

I tried the motivational “Coogs in a blowout.” It blew up in my face.

Coogs by 1.

1 Like

Agreed with other posters. You are welcomed here. I see you post a lot and it’s not trash talking troll stuff that some, well one mostly, from our board does. Cheers. :beer:

8 Likes

We welcome all as long they’re respectful… a little trash is always welcome as long it’s done right

1 Like

Hahaha, thats your business and you guys are welcome to any opinion you want about Holgorsen, hes your coach. Personally i think any coach deserves at least 4-5 years to put their programs in place, now exceptions can arrise of course but as a rule of thumb i believe in that.

1 Like

I haven’t been there in years. What about it?

See i have a working theory about Kansas and what they might be, and if im right both my WVU team and your Coogs are not as bad as we looked against the Jayhawks…i certainly HOPE im right, for all of our sakes. So i think Houston is massively better than Rice, and i suspect they are going to be bringing a very large amount of “pissed off” into that game tomorrow. If im right (maybe im not), then i think Houston will beat Rice like a red headed step child.

1 Like

I hope that you are right.

But if you aren’t, it could be a LONG season.

YOU’D BETTER BE RIGHT!!!

1 Like

If im not right dont be mad at the false prophet. LOL

I love the UH-Rice game. Typically the one I fly down to see. I should have done it this year but work got in the way. Anyway, Mom was a Rice grad but got her masters at UH. My Grandad was professor emeritus at Rice and A&M (don’t ask me what happened to me) and I’ve taught at UH. I’m a UH convert via Bill Yeoman so long time UH fan and will be forever. My twin brother is a Rice fan then UH. For once we may have a good game from Rice and I’m looking forward to it. CDH really has a lot to prove. He has fallen on his face twice the beginning of the year and simply put, our offense looks like something out of High School with no imagination. JMHO. I think the defense will show up and we win. I’m just interested to find out if we see something more akin to Kansas offense. They used motion and sets to confuse or distract the defense. We need to do that and why we are not I have NO idea. Anyway, anxiously waiting for the game.

3 Likes

Once again blaming that fiasco on Tune is just downright ignorant. Do you go to the games?

Another week, another “Playing Houston is our Super Bowl”

4 Likes