Russia threatens Finland Sweden

Yep.

It’s OFFICIAL!!!

Finland and NATO have both submitted their applications to join NATO.

Now, let’s tell Hungary and Turkey to frack off…and bring 'em BOTH in.

That’ll teach Putin a lesson!

2 Likes

I get Turkey :tr:, but why Hungary :hungary:?

Orban is considered a Putin lackey.

Okay, hence they won’t ban Russian oil… I’ll buy that.

1 Like

From Newsweek:

CPAC Hungary 2022, the first such conference to be held in Europe, will be hosted by the Center for Fundamental Rights and the American Conservative Union (ACU) on May 19 and 20 in Budapest. As the war between Ukraine and Russia rages on and Finland and Sweden have submitted their NATO applications, it is expected that speakers will reflect on the future of Europe and NATO as well as on conservative issues.

Budapest is a beautiful city ( especially at night)I love the rivers in Europe….Danube is a nice one….

The Great Market Hall was an experience….

1 Like

We’ve traveled literally all over the world…that said…Istanbul is easily in my top 5…beautiful place…it’s the only city that is divided by 2 separate continents…let that sink in!

1 Like

I was in Istanbul, but wasn’t as impressed as you. My 5 favorite non-US places, in alphabetical order, are Athens, Barcelona, Lucerne, Marseilles*, and Palma Majorca.

*Paris could have switched with Marseilles just as well.

Istanbul’s airport sure was nasty.

Did buy some good boxes of Turkish delight there though.

Stopped there more than once on the way to Tajikistan.

If approved, does that mean Finland and Sweden can now shop at Costco?

Spent about 10 days with my wife in Istanbul last year. (She spent about 3 weeks).

We loved the city, the people, everything but the traffic. It helped that we stayed with her cousin for half the trip. Cousin is American but has lived in Turkey for 20 years and raised a family there. Very cool to hang out with her extended Turkish family.

Also helped that the cousin (who is widowed) is dating a very wealthy man. Like, “bought a superyacht from Rod Stewart” rich. He took us out in one of his “small” yachts up the Bosporus nearly to the Black Sea… What an amazing and beautiful ride.

I’m not a world history buff like my wife, but I definitely gained an appreciation for how significant that city is in world history. It’s a city of 15,000,000 and bursting at the seams with growth and new construction everywhere.

2 Likes

Yea…you’ll need to leave the airport next time :rofl:

I spent a year in Turkey at a base on the Black Sea, including 10 days in Istanbul. That was nearly a lifetime ago, but I still have fond memories of Turkey and the Turks I got to know.

1 Like

3 Likes