Sam Brown to Portal

I think I saw somewhere that Wilson, Manjack, and Johnson were running first team, so maybe that’s why he’s leaving? I don’t know.

https://x.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1779937704693715027

4 Likes

Damn :frowning:

2 Likes

Heard some rumblings of a big time player from the Houston area entering the portal. And will most likely be at Houston. Makes much more sense now.

8 Likes

Portal opens next week, right?

Tomorrow

2 Likes

You want us to stop watching football? Keep it up NCAA. God’s plan.

3 Likes

Poo-poo.

Brown did a great job for us.

2 Likes

Next man up. It ain’t like we were great before.

12 Likes

He’ll have some big time suitors, hope he ends up outside of the Big 12. Tremendous talent just needs some work in discipline and effort.

1 Like

Dang. I feel like he was our best receiver. Sucks.

4 Likes

He probably is but if he’s not 100 percent bought in this is for the best. We have some young WRs i want to see more of

9 Likes

We went from a offensive head coach to a defensive head coach and still have a stacked receiver room I am shocked we have not lost more.

7 Likes

Is he known as a defensive coach? I didn’t know that.

1 Like

Well said.

Chasing the money :moneybag:……I don’t blame him at all.

More time for Pilot or someone else.

2 Likes

This should free up space for some of our younger, hot shot, guys to get some good tape for next portal’s bidding wars.

10 Likes

sucks but that shows how good Jonah Wilson will be if he beat out Sam Brown, too bad he’s currently injured

6 Likes

Absolutely. I really liked Brown. He is undoubtedly a quality receiver. And while I don’t mean to cast aspersions on him, I wonder if his attitude didn’t have something to do with him not being a first team WR coming out of spring. I heard that he wasn’t running first team, but I am not completely sure about that. But if Wilson makes the jump in his second year that everyone is hoping he’ll make, then we’ll be more than fine at receiver. Manjack should start looking more like a taller version of Wes Welker (great route runner with excellent hands) and there’s Boogie Johnson, Josh Cobbs, Mekhi Mews, Mikal Harrison-Pilot, CJ Nelson, Ja’Ryan Wallace, and a couple of impressive freshmen in Jayshon Ridgle and Koby Young.

9 Likes

We seem to be stacked at WR.

And Gangi

7 Likes

The transfer portal opens up after spring football for players to transfer if they are unhappy for one reason or another. We need to get used to this happening every year, but the transfer portal goes both ways I am sure we will snag a few new guys to fill in some of the gaps.

5 Likes