Sasser Update

The bench of one - Taze Moore a 5th year senior. He replaced Sasser. Kyler replaced Tramon but we can argue if Tramon would even have been the starter. We of course ended a bench with only Ramon in the guard position. This year, Arceneaux is replacing. No comparison.

2 Likes

3rd game in three days, going against a T-25 foe, is a much taller task than playing a #16 seed

1 Like

@cmCoog17

The Freshmen aren’t Freshmen any more. Sampson has been giving these guys minutes since November for a reason. That reason was for them to be ready NOW.

4 Likes

We saw them against Memphis. I had a pretty close view and I saw what I had to see. As I said that prognosis is not good without Sasser.

5 Likes

Our bench last year was Ramon, Reggie and JWan. My bet is TA and/or Emmanuel will provide more than Ramon contributed in last year’s postseason

2 Likes

If Sasser plays, yes. I was talking about not having Sasser.

If Sasser didn’t play we would have Sharp, Chaney and Francis.
Not ideal but you gotta do what you gotta do.
I really feel that Arceneaux and Sharp are due break out games.

4 Likes

So you trust a guy that installs car radios to read an MRI??? :grimacing:

11 Likes

My point is that with a mild groin strain, probably wouldn’t show up on an MRI. This decision will be made mainly on Sasser being pain free moving & cutting!

Not disagreeing. My point is only that I’d love to see it myself

I bet a signed Sasser MRI would fetch a pretty penny in a couple years.

3 Likes

TA is still a freshman. I want to be nice so I’ll stop there.

3 Likes

Ha. New NIL idea.

It’s just how he gets his freak on.

100% agree and that is why he is doing some shooting drills. He is keeping the “engine” humming. An extra day of rest would be all beneficial. I had players that took an extra day and it made a difference. Our bodies work in mysterious ways especially at this age.

Ideally I’d like him to sit the whole 1st weekend but especially the 1st game.

1 Like

Does anyone have reports on how sasser slept last night? Did he get a full 8 hours?

4 Likes

Yea, let’s get an hourly update on Sasser :joy:. We are on Sasser Watch. My guess will be Sasser will not start today but come from the bench and play for about 10 minutes, 5 minutes each half. He will be the starter on Saturday against Auburn as per my bracket unless Iowa decides to mess it up. And Auburn was picked only because it is playing a home game else I think Iowa is a better team.

1 Like

The Freshman are not ready without Sasser we ain’t going far unfortunately, last year’s team was senior heavy it’s a big difference

5 Likes