Sasser

How sweet that would be!

2 Likes

Was an athletic trainer for a long time, some of this is not an exact science! If he is “not over 90% healed”! I can tell you that if John Houston was trying to see if Sasser could return during the Cincinnati game, you would evaluate that as a “mild sprain”! Can a mild sprain be ready in a 5 day period of time? Yes. I have seen players come back and play! You have the player go through physical testing to evaluate pain, deviation in gait etc
 UofH has a great sports medical staff, along with Marcus, they will make the best decision!

4 Likes

After the Miller incident no way. Having their best season in their history end in a R32 flameout is the preferred outcome for Bama

6 Likes

That would be kind of nice. Too many casual Alabama fans think they’re a lock to win it all. I don’t if they know but it’s a lot harder to win 6 games in basketball vs 2 in football

Funk I love you man

but to me if you look at all the brackets top 5 seeds I think we got the easiest

No you are not. My son and I said the same thing when they announced the bracket, and several of my colleagues mentioned that too.

Clearly the NCAA guys would like to see UH-UT, and then preferable UT v Kansas.

I say we ruin their plans and get’r done.

Can I ask you why?

I think the play hard for the guy but he is not a strong X’s and 0’s kinda guy.

1 Like

You are probably right. But I wasn’t really saying it comparatively. If you have to get through the best of Miami, Xavier, Indiana, Iowa, and UT then you have your work cut out. Any one of those can beat us if we off a little. I’m obviously most concerned with UT but Xavier and Miami can play, too. And who knows what Auburn is gonna do.

I prefer Iowa over Auburn because the Tigers will get 75% of the calls. There was a time when Xavier was a favorite to win it all.

1 Like

I don’t mind the big 10 teams at all
.Miami and Xavier would have to play their best game and we would have to be off ours

Something tells me UT will lose a game they shouldn’t
.just a hunch.

3 Likes

I saw on Facebook where UH cancled media availablity today. Somewhere in the article it says he would need a minimum of 2 weeks rest before he could play. I think we lose the 2nd game without Sasser. We need him.

4 Likes

What article

You saw it on Facebook?

BONJOUR!

1 Like

Wasn’t the coaches show tonight? Anyone have any reports?

Didn’t the announcers say early in the game Sunday that Sasser went through an on court workout that morning and the entire pregame warmups?

1 Like

So, one problem with the article is that it assumes Sasser has a “groin pull.” As far as I know, there hasn’t been such a diagnosis released, which makes any kind of projected timetable from “experts” about such an injury mostly useless.

I hope we don’t have to find out, but I think we can win both games this weekend even if Sasser sits. What we saw against Memphis was a team that knew it didn’t have to win, was playing its first game without its best scorer and defender, was playing the third game of the season against a hungry team that had already lost twice, AND the game was winnable down the stretch.

I’m not taking anyone lightly, but we have the kind of team that can defend and rebound well enough to win ugly if needed, and Sampson knows how to make that happen this weekend.

6 Likes

In my opinion, we would need Sasser for Iowa or Auburn.

2 Likes

Need, yes. I’m saying we can win without him, if we have too, not that it’s a guaranteed win. I’d rather not try it, but you deal with what’s in front of you and figure it out.

I still think he’s probably in pretty good shape. If it was something as severe as a pull, it’s unlikely that he would have been going through pregame warmups yesterday. Strains are tricky, though.

If Sasser plays on Thursday, I hope CKS limits his minutes to avoid further injury. 15-20 minutes max.

4 Likes

Personally, I’d get the team ready to play without him Thursday. He might be able to go, but you just don’t know.

I’m not that worried about him being “rusty” after having 6 days off, and aggravating the injury is a bigger risk anyway.

3 Likes