Schedule?

THREE SWAC teams???

REALLY???

Aren’t we about to start Big 12 competition???

Geesh

3 Likes

Schedule of a man trying to save his job. It’s embarrassing quite frankly.

6 Likes

That has to be it. Embarrassing for our program and players. Not a single big time ooc home game. Will attend some games, but not going to dignify this schedule by buying season tickets.

Will look at supporting soccer and volleyball instead, two rapidly improving teams and scheduling to get better, not looking for cupcake wins.

10 Likes

Baseball program HAS to get into overdrive asap…B12 is Big Boy Ball, serious competition, will get crushed there if do not have massive improvement. Make or break year for CTW I do believe

6 Likes

What makes it more embarrassing are comments like these from Whitting: “We have once again put together a schedule that allows us to build a resume for the NCAA Tournament,” & " I feel our non-conference competition will be a great test throughout the season. "
It’ll probably take almost 45 wins to get an at-large bid with this schedule.
FunkMaster, did Todd get into your “bombe” stash?

2 Likes

HBU laughing at us.

1 Like

Just glancing… HBU has Rutgers, Michigan State, Rice, Aggy, Baylor early on.

2 Likes

Looking forward to the HBU game on 4/19 @ Schroeder

1 Like

Absolutely pathetic.

No NCAA’s again this year…. Would have to win conference tournament because RPI/Net is going to be garbage.

I simply can not believe this program has fallen this far!
How is Pez even okay with this schedule?!

Moving into the Big 12 the program needs fresh blood……This proves to me that TW is not the man to do so……nice guy or not, time to move on.

6 Likes

Trying to remain positive but i thought Sean Allen should have been brought in after last year…but I don’t write the checks :grinning:…there is no excuse for the program to be this far down…we’re in the Top 3 hotbed for youth baseball talent in the nation and finish next to last in the AAC…BRUTAL

6 Likes

Yep. And it doesn’t seem like we’re moving in the right direction. It doesn’t seem like we’ve just had a few bad luck years with injuries or a few misses on recruiting. It seems like we’re heading down and it’s going to take a lot of work and a coaching change to reverse direction, IMO.

4 Likes

Of course that should apply to womens hoops too!

2 Likes

Thats a schedule a coach trying to save his jobs makes.

1 Like

Does the AD have to approve the schedule?

I blame Pez as much as CTW for this disaster…

2 Likes

It’s really sad because we had a good thing going in baseball, too…

3 Likes

I would think the AD would have to sign off on any schedule.

The money for the trips, etc. Has to be approved and finalized.

I would like to think there is a meeting beforehand to discuss who, when, where they will play and ensure it has enough quality to potentially be an at-large selection.

It appears that is not the case.

UH baseball fans are a pretty dedicated core group. Winning 40+ games with this schedule is not fooling anyone.

3 Likes

To be fair the Scottsdale trip is really nice playing Cal, SDSU and TCU. After that its series with UTRGV, Incarnate Word, Louisiana, Columbia and Western Carolina. Mid week games include Aggies and Rice which is a plus but also Southern, Texas Southern, Lamar, McNeese, and Prairie View. I’m not sure how a recruit would react to playing that schedule. But the future Big 12 schedule will be a huge boost to recruiting and the facilities are in place.

Would you believe me that our schedule used to look like this for the first 20 games: Baylor, Texas, Aggies, Rice, Texas Tech, Texas State, LSU, Cal State Fullerton, USC and Miami. And made a super regional that year!

I really like Coach Whitting and he has had a ton of success here but this is an important year to get back the winning ways. I just wish we had a few better matchups to watch at Cougar Field.

Yes I would, that’s why I am so pissed at how far we have sunk…. I have not been a fan as long as some( only since the last few years of Bragg).

I still remember the dwarf from San Jose breaking our hearts.

Need change before the Big 12 so the new guy has a full year ahead of time to recruit.

The Scottsdale trip is a great one for the team. But not for season ticket holders. That’s my gripe.

Only thing that makes sense is that we’re deploying the weak schedule tactic that worked for basketball and football…

1 Like