Schedule?

Good point but he had better do good in conference and at least get in the playoffs.
It’s a shame our baseball program has gone up in flames.
If a lot on non conference wins gets us stronger for league play then I am ok with it.
After the last two years, however, I am not holding my breath.

3 Likes

With the amount of talent in the Houston area, our new facilities, and our past success, there is absolutely no reason for it to ever come to this point. Football and basketball had coaching changes and facility issues to deal with.

3 Likes

Not sure about a “ton of success” here … he has been in the job longer then R. Noble at this point and it sure does feel like Noble’s total book of work was more successful… i think the tenure has been overall underperforming…
just my two cents though.

4 Likes

When you say playoffs you are speaking of regionals correct?

Unless they had just a few total losses in conference I don’t see how they could possibly get an at-large regional birth with that OOC.
I look at that schedule and before they play a single game think they have to win conference tournament to get in……35-37 wins with that schedule and you might not even be top 100 rpi….I could be completely wrong but I just don’t see it….

1 Like

You’re spot on, pollard… That schedule is garbage. And recently, AAC hasn’t been what a lot of people expect it to be.

Coogs need 40-16 and a top 3 finish in conference to even dream of an at-large bid.

That said, I expect them to get after it, or the house will get cleaned at year end.

Go Coogs.

1 Like

Unfortunately I think with recent events baseball has just not been a priority…but its so puzzling whitting had this program competing at an elite level. We had a few teams that had the talent to make the CWS.

1 Like

Frank Andersen.

7 Likes

Probably the only thing that will save Whitting’s job (other than Pez’s apathy) is getting to a regional. This is a schedule that almost completely rules out the possibility of an at-large bid, so once again they’ll have to rely on winning the conference tournament to get an automatic bid. Given Whitting’s track record without Anderson and Couch, that’s very unlikely too.

4 Likes

I hope we are all proven wrong.

……but I really doubt it happens.

1 Like

A lot of factors in play…donors for example…have given CTW a pretty long leash. To blame it on Pez’s apathy is just not correct. Granted, he approved the schedule, but probably with the input from other decision makers.

That said…appalled at the schedule and agree this is a make it or break it year.

3 Likes

Just seen AM-Corpus’ schedule and it’s better than Coogs…that’s beyond sad.

1 Like

Houston doesn’t care about there baseball program if they did they would of hired a new coach long ago and had better stadium renovations for recruits

You do know UH just built a new baseball facility, installed one of the largest video boards in NCAA and put in new turf ?

7 Likes

Might be nice if some would actually take the time to visit our facilities before railing on them lol…our facilities across the board are very competitive…

6 Likes

Everyone in Texas has that even Texas St

Texas St does not have what UH just got…… I have first hand knowledge.

1 Like

Must be new as when was doing the tour few years ago they didn’t, neither did SFA, Lamar, HBU, UTSA and majority of others

1 Like

The point is that if UH didn’t care about baseball, they wouldn’t have made efforts to build it.

NM posting error

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1476237266938961930?t=Wn4QbRiHwNuU95fqlPoe3w&s=19

Yikes! :grimacing::pensive::woozy_face:

1 Like